The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 20 August 2015

Infinite

Put infinite, mercy and perfect into the same sentence and what do you get? We see a reflection of God that is life-changing; when we consider the magnitude of my request and our minds begin to methodically work by unpacking the enormity of Somebody that is infinite (immeasurable); hold that thought, do not undermine the immensity of what that actually means; God is boundless, as far as we can see when we gaze up into a starlight sky, God is there and then get your hands on the Hubble Space Telescope and gaze beyond this galaxy and into the next and God is there also. WOW! But it doesn’t stop there, the very same God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is merciful in character… merciful? Yes, He has a tender touch, imagine a child delicately handling a butterfly, one wrong move and death would be imminent and yet even within our rebellion at times God is ever so gentle, teaching us right from wrong. Praise His name! He heals the brokenhearted and dresses their wounds. His mercy is so great that it forgives even the greatest of sinners from great sins. And we have done nothing to deserve God’s kindness; in spite of ourselves God is merciful. There is no merit on the behalf that sinners warrant such favour and yet God has afforded us a lifeline in and through His beloved Son, our cherished Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ. He is ever so patient with the likes of men like me for God willingly teaches me the same lessons time and time again until the penny finally drops into place. There is nothing little in God’s economy, for we have already established that He is infinite and therefore His mercies must also be infinite, they are boundless, and wows of exclamations hammer that part of my brain which filters the awe of God. And to cap it all He is perfect in every area of His character, nothing can be added or taken away from Him to make Him any better than He already is. Let this resonate deep within your soul and your mouth will begin to sings songs of melody proclaiming the goodness of our God. Nothing within the hardships of this life will detract from the reality of that joy; it is a delight full of merciful musical notes that breathes life into every difficult dilemma we face. How does a man remain silent when this is realized? It is impossible to remain hushed and it causes me to chant, “If God is for me who can be against me.” Amen and Amen!

How I now long for the day when I will move from this life into the next, when this corruptible body of mine will take on an incorruptibility and become in type just like my glorious Saviour’s body, where nothing will ever be able to distract me from the presence of God, where I will be in His presence for all eternity and I will be able to cry out unto Him and sing about His goodness, not from a distance or through the vale of faith which feeds all of God’s children’s cemented in Christ with our eternal hope, but I will be in His presence and see Him as He actually is, WOW! How I long for that day to finally arrive! But until then, may God keep me faithful in the plight to which I have been called and that is to glorify your name in this crooked and perverse generation. To proclaim the mercies of my God and to beckon all to come the way of the cross and find true salvation in and through the wonderful redemption of my glorious Saviour’s sacrifice for the sins of mankind. Bless His name now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

Repent, call upon the name of the Lord and you shall be saved from assured destruction…

Signing off

Tyrone    



  

No comments: