The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 15 August 2015

A valued relationship...

With so many pressures pushing inwardly on a man’s existence and with the daily necessities of life demanding their attention, I should be amongst the most miserable of men and yet I am beaming today with the joy of my salvation; with a refreshing realization that my sins have been forgiven, that my beloved partner, the love of my life, the one who personifies true love has set me free and paid the price for my sin. Jesus died in my place so that I may understand what I now appreciate to be of utmost importance to me for I have been freed to serve Him in liberty.

My heavenly Father, the One who has no beginning nor will He ever end, knowing what He knows and understanding all of His creation, life, death and everything in-between with an understanding of perfection. Sympathetic to my sinful character and how easily I am swayed by my own lustful desires, nevertheless has offered me a lifeline, He sent His only begotten Son the Lord Jesus Christ to die in my place. My prayer for the band hood of Christianity is that God would bestow mercy upon His children this morning and give us all a fresh understanding of our first love.

We can all relate to relationships, the spark of any new found connection where everything pivots around that union, with every effort made by both partners to feed that wonderful emotion of true happiness. Come what made a blow on the cheek form an outsider with our new found love is easy to defend as we stand in defense of our partner even if they have wronged us. But over time the same events that we defended now become the wedge that begins to separate. The spark of love begins to dwindle and then comments like, “I no longer love him”, or “I have fallen out of love” begins to captivate our minds driving us apart. Sadly this is not only applicable within our carnal relationships but can become very real within our souls. As soon as repentance begins to become a distant memory that we did many years ago and we begin to accommodate certain sinful traits as the norm, BEWARE! We now need eye salve!

I have a question for you; do you honestly treasure the Lord Jesus today as much as you did the day you got saved and truly understood the magnitude of what that actual meant? When last did the waterworks of joy flow from your tear ducks as they now flow from mine, oh the joy of the Lord who can understand it? Bless your name my love! Your commitment is freshly revitalizing and it feeds my hope with new vigour as my mind begins to sing melodies to itself with a multitude of thoughts all being triggered at the same time, “Jesus in my place and thank you for saving a wretch like me”. Wow!  Do you have similar visitations? If not, the error of complacency has robbed you of what is rightfully yours in Christ and danger lurks, so I urge you to pay careful attention to our lovers warning; 'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.” (Revelation 3:15-21)

Jesus is totally committed to this relationship come what may, but are we? Let’s make every effort to fight for it and give Him the love He affords us, bless His name now and forever more, Amen and Amen! Thank you Father God for sending Jesus Christ my love to die for my sin, your mercy and thoughtfulness is treasured. Your love has covered a multitude of sins. THANK YOU!  

Signing off

Tyrone     
 

No comments: