The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 3 October 2014

Reflections

Reflections on both old and new fruits are fresh on my mind this morning. The store room of grace is full of tender fruits that we sometimes tend to overlook, look unto Jesus and see how gracious He has been. It is easy to forget where we have been saved from. A lifetime full of aimless wandering in the dark clouds of uncertainty, with so many unanswered questions; “what is life all about” used to ring loudly in my imaginations. We are born without choice, live for a limited time and then we die, surely there was more to life was my question. Wine, woman and song seemed to captivate my heart as a teenager into early manhood, with the motivation to achieve on the sports field thrown into the mix. But yet still such an empty void filled my life. Maybe travelling abroad would negate the desperate need for answers, but to no avail, however it was through my travels that I heard the call from this awesome God and by the end of it my heart began to soften to that appeal. Our God is an awesome God, even in my blindness I vividly recall His gentle voice coaxing me towards the true glorious life changing message of the Gospel and then it happened, praise God, I would never be the same. No longer the anxiety of that nagging question, “what is life all about?” I now know the meaning of life! There is only one true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and He had called me by name, what joy, what glee, filled my soul.

Sure, there have been many bad choices since that time and I have any scars to prove my folly, however the question about my existence never again to be questioned, praise the name of Jesus! Life and all its challenges are there to teach us to depend on His unending graces. At times we make the wrong choice and often pay the price for it. Nevertheless our God is a God of unfading love and He deals with us as sons and not bastards. He is a Father who cares for our wellbeing. We may put our hands to the plough and then for certain reasons remove them and return to our vomit, But God who is rich in mercy uses the circumstances of life to remind us of what is of importance, “to fear God and to keep His commandments!” My God is an awesome God and He reigns within my heart, thank you Lord Jesus for you ultimate sacrifice, without you unwavering commitment I would still be dead in my trespasses and my sin, I once was blind but now I see! The price for my sight was immense, it cost you your life and in consideration for a wretched sinner like me. I am forever grateful, thank you Father God for sending your Son to die so that I could go free, the most unworthy of candidates and yet you chose to save me, what grace, what love, THANK YOU!

 Signing off


Tyrone

No comments: