The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Will the dust praise you?

As we grow into our characters and the years chip away molding each individual into whom we eventually become. Some will leave a legacy of greatness while other will sooner be forgotten. Look at the great Nelson Mandela, for most of his life he was not recognized and locked away in a prison on Robin Island. And yet he stuck to his guns, hoping to change the world was his dream, which eventually blossomed into a burgeoning tree seen and admire by the world. In 1994 he was set free and later became the President of South Africa, breaking down the partitions of apartheid. Loved by the world! Yet his dream came at great cost and it was only late on in life where he reaped his reward, prior to his fame he needed to endure much suffering, it was the way his journey had been mapped. It is obvious he achieved the goal he had set himself, a life well worth remembering. I wonder if we really saw his life for what it actually was, how many times he hit the wall, wanting to throw in the towel; God alone knows the depths of his struggle.

Is it any different for us? Life has many valuable lesson, some very painful and even near death experience are necessary to mold us into the person we ort to become. Thank God for the work of the cross, praise the name of Jesus, all other biographies fade into the distance in comparison to what He achieved for mankind. He broke down the partition of sin and made a way for all those throughout the ages who would call upon His finished work seeking out His forgiveness for their sins. Not only freeing the black majority of South Africans from the bondage of apartheid. All creeds from the world have now been invited to come and find freedom through Him. But the message is a clear one, through Him and no other. My goodness! When this penny drops for us, it should jolt us into action for the sake of God’s kingdom. We must all learn to “dress” the gospel for the sake of God’s glory; our lives must be driven to “adorn the Gospel” because it is the greatest message a man can give a dying sinner.

I love the words of David as He communes with His God; “"What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it tell of your faithfulness? Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me! O LORD, be my helper!" You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever!” (Psalms 30:9-12)

David’s reality must certainly become our actuality. If not what profit are we to God our great Father? We are no different to the dust of the earth dead and without voice. We must learn to praise our God and even more as we see that day approaching. If we remain silent why should He keep us around? The wonder of the cross, what the Lord Jesus has achieved on our behalf is phenomenal, and all because we have been sanctified by Him. The riches and the mercies of God our Father are beyond finding out, they could never be restrained and all because of Jesus Christ the Lord. All hail King Jesus! With that said, should that now give us license to rely on His mercies as we wallow in our self-pity, remaining silent for days on end, Nay let us learn like David to beseech the Lord to keep us alive, because we have learnt to praise and thank Him for His goodness in spite of what the day may throw at us. We have much to be thankful for!

Hear my cry O Lord and be merciful to me for I wish not to be silent so that my mouth may praise your name throughout today, Amen!

Signing off


Tyrone  

No comments: