The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 5 September 2014

"Faith in Prayer"

When we pray there must be a note of “faith in prayer” visible, without believing that our prayer will be heard or answered is not how we have been taught to pray! Fervency must be the anchor to all our prayers regardless of how we feel. “Easier said than done” one may say, whether we be on a hilltop or in some dark ditch, it shouldn’t change our anticipation to be heard. This was the way in which David expressed himself. His prayer never sounded like this; “Holy God if you choose to hear me please come through for me”. If was never passive but always honest with faith as its rock! Regardless of the sin or the hardship David faced whether by fault of his own or not, he knew in whom he believed. The only true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob his Rock, his Fortress and he had learnt to put his trust in Him and Him alone. “David a man after Gods own heart”! He never lived a life of lip service but proved his faith in action; killing bears, lions and taking off Goliaths head with his own sword.

Teach me my great God the instructor in all truth, help me see as I ort to grasp, help me utter words with power and conviction, believing God as I pray and not “if and maybe” type of prayers, I realize I have a long way to travel in this area of my life, forgive me! but with that said I know in whom I believe and I pray that I will grow in strength with my “faith in prayer”, pleasing you heavenly Father and bringing glory to my God in and through the finished work of Calvary. Without the perfect gift of Salvation I would be blind groping in the dark at some arbitrary nonsense passing the time, even possibly increasing in knowledge or feeding the sin in my life as I flipped through the internet, but now I find myself crying out and communing with my Rock in anticipation that I will be heard as I am heard and all because of Jesus Christ my Lord, praise His name! God hears my cry because I have been sanctified by the blood of the Lamb; if that doesn’t get you to air-punch I am not sure what will!

There is no mountain too high or valley too deep that we will not conquer when we reason with a sound mind, “for if God is for us who can be against us”, Hallelujah and Amen!

“If God brings us to it, He will bring us through it”!

Regardless of the pressures of life our God is a Sovereign God and He rules with power and might; He reigns from heaven about and His ways are beyond our carnal minds finding out; they can never know the intricacies of His reasoning. Just trust and obey for we know in whom we have believed, period! Come what may, who will ever be a match for the King of kings? Not even death was able to keep Him in the grave and He is my God and your God if you confess Him with your mouth and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead. I most certainly believe that to be true for I know it is true!

David was convinced of many truths concerning His God, let us learn to follow suit. Let us be quick to confess our sins and to forgive others who trespass against us. This is palatable fruit from the true believer, it is evidence that our God reigns within our hearts. You will know a tree by its fruit!

Thank you Father God for David’s example and for so many of the psalms that he has penned, I too pray make me a man after your own heart, quick to forgive those who may trespass against me, Amen!

Signing off


Tyrone 

No comments: