The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 30 June 2014

"ABBA"

(Galatians 4:6) “And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"”

Another familiar morning as I sit at my desk surrounded by the bliss of peacefulness as I ponder my standing before such an awesome God. What words could I find to glorify His name? Where to from Here? He is grand and I am so small! Even my thoughts are so puny in comparison to His brilliance. What message could I relay to my God that would bring a smile to His face? The answer is an easy one, we needn’t venture far searching our grand words or looking to make extreme sacrifices hoping that will find favour from our God, we need only remember His Son our Saviour the Lord Jesus as we spend time considering what He has done and not what we could or should do. The whole of creation revolves around the Lord Jesus Christ! Without Him we would not exist! Without Him we would still be dead in our trespasses and sins! Nay but now we are alive in Him; our eyes have been opened to heaven and all its glory, capable of praying to almighty God and knowing that he hears our cry! While others pray and they are not heard because they have rejected the Lord Jesus, it is not so for the Christian, in fact we cry “Abba” (my) Father, a very intimate and personal relationship with the great I AM! How often have you heard someone call out in prayer like this, “to you up there who ever you are please help me”? It is not so for the Christian; I am able and with confidence to cry “MY Father”! And all because of Jesus Christ our Lord, our Saviour; the reality of this thought sends tears down my cheeks, thank you Jesus! God the Holy Spirit fill my mind with less of me and much more of Him. Even more, do not stop; Endurance is my cry! Joash the king of Israel only struck the arrow three times, but give me strength to strike until I can bare the pain no longer and even then I would pray for a little more forte! Fill my mind, open the floodgates  of thoughts on Him, all the words penned in every book ever written would not be able to exhaust His majestic attributes, do not stop, open my eyes show me His glory I pray! And to think that He died for me, THANK YOU my great God and King! Thank you for interceding for weak and feeble old me, so many mistakes to my life and here I sit reassured that He belongs to me and I belong to Him; to know that my God now cares for me.

“Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?” (Matthew 6:26-27) – Why is it that we spend so much time on self, whether it is by accusing or excusing our conduct when we have such a perfect Saviour who has died for all those whom God has given Him? He has done it all! God help us to look to Him!

Thank you God the Holy Spirit for the perspective you lead the children of God into, you open our eyes and you show us JESUS, praise His name! And because of Him we can cry ABBA Father, God the ruler of this universe and beyond cares for the Christian; He cares for me!  

Signing off


Tyrone

No comments: