The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Forgiveness!


(Matthew 26:28)  “For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.”

Forgiveness is a word that carries an amazing amount of freedom in its bosom. It’s like fresh sweet water to the parched throat in a barren land. And yet how could I ever understand it if I never needed it, if I never found myself walking in a dusty desert, with thirst nagging away at me, while my thirst cried out to be satisfied. Water, water would be my minds cry; it would captivate all my attention as life now depended on it. There would be an urgency to seek it out like never before. It is the same with forgiveness, and to find it as the ultimate prize we would need to want to be forgiven, we would search out repentance as if our life depended on it and I assure you it is an imperative in life that if we do not seek it out, we will regret it forever and ever. Hell will be our final destination!

South Africa is a land filled with the need of forgiveness; no different to the rest of the world; however it is steeped with hate, Apartheid its major player, as the minority of a country suppressed the majority into a form of slavery. Sin has had the exact same effect on all of mankind, without exception, as we are all slaves to sin, that at least until we find forgiveness in and through the precious blood of the Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ; “For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.”

I recall as a press photographer witnessing a white man charged with murder as he search out asylum for what he claim was an act of war, the government of the time the National Party was at war with the African National Party, their leader Nelson Mandela.

He claimed that he was acting on orders, but as he confessed on what he had done, he acknowledged his fault with sincerity as tears rolled down his cheeks while the widow of the deceased peered across the room at Him without even a blink of the eye. To witness this grown man crying, that in itself was a special moment but the real jaw stopper happened a little after, the widow walked over to this murderer and embraced him with forgiveness in her heart, which brought a tear to my eye. It was a very special moment for all.

These proceedings where known as the time of the “Truth Commission Hearings”, it was setup to bring reconciliation. The intention was to expose all the corruption that went with that treacherous time and to free those enslave by it. I am not sure they totally achieved their objective, but the intent was a good one. Be sure of one thing when God calls for His judgment, there will be no stone left unturned; “For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.” (Ecclesiastes 12:14): - Unless of course we find forgiveness for our sin; if we are forgiven, that then means the debt has been paid in full. We are no longer accountable to settle the imbursement as another has settled it on our behalf. And it came at great expense, the Lord Jesus bleed and died upon a cruel Roman cross. It cost Him his life and yet He was guiltless. For whom then did He die for one may ask? For all who would understand that they are sinners and are incapable of settling their own debt before God, to all who would cry out through repentance to God seeking out His forgiveness.   

Forgiveness is available as it is still now a dispensation of God’s grace for all who diligently seek it out, but there is a day coming when this door will close. Search it out with persistence, like the thirsty traveler in a dry parched desert. Therefore this then is the instruction; For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."” (Romans 10:13)

Call is a word we use quite offhandedly, “plea” carries with it far more urgency. We must call (make our plea) with urgency, for when we do, we will be heard and we will be saved.   

But I am sure of this one fact if you feel you do not need forgiveness, this great offer will escape you and that will be tragic. But for those who have searched out forgiveness with seriousness and by God’s grace found it, this then will be our hope…

“There is laid up for me a crown of righteousness.”

- 2Ti_4:8

“Doubting one! thou hast often said, “I fear I shall never enter heaven.” Fear not! all the people of God shall enter there. I love the quaint saying of a dying man, who exclaimed, “I have no fear of going home; I have sent all before me; God’s finger is on the latch of my door, and I am ready for him to enter.” “But,” said one, “are you not afraid lest you should miss your inheritance?” “Nay,” said he, “nay; there is one crown in heaven which the angel Gabriel could not wear, it will fit no head but mine. There is one throne in heaven which Paul the apostle could not fill; it was made for me, and I shall have it.” O Christian, what a joyous thought! thy portion is secure; “there remaineth a rest.” “But cannot I forfeit it?” No, it is entailed. If I be a child of God I shall not lose it. It is mine as securely as if I were there. Come with me, believer, and let us sit upon the top of Nebo, and view the goodly land, even Canaan. Seest thou that little river of death glistening in the sunlight, and across it dost thou see the pinnacles of the eternal city? Dost thou mark the pleasant country, and all its joyous inhabitants? Know, then, that if thou couldst fly across thou wouldst see written upon one of its many mansions, “This remaineth for such a one; preserved for him only. He shall be caught up to dwell for ever with God.” Poor doubting one, see the fair inheritance; it is thine. If thou believest in the Lord Jesus, if thou hast repented of sin, if thou hast been renewed in heart, thou art one of the Lord’s people, and there is a place reserved for thee, a crown laid up for thee, a harp specially provided for thee. No one else shall have thy portion, it is reserved in heaven for thee, and thou shalt have it ere long, for there shall be no vacant thrones in glory when all the chosen are gathered in.” (C.H.Spurgeon)

Signing off

Tyrone


No comments: