The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 30 January 2012

The bruised reed...


It is probably the worse thing a man can do once he has been saved, to sin against God His Father at yet it seems inevitable. I suppose some sins are easy pickings, while others tend to be excused without too much fuss. Not that I would look to justify any sin as God so hated sin that He was willing to send His only Son to die for all sin to save a remnant of His creation. We know that “God so loved the world”, but we also know that not many in the context of the world will embrace the finished work of Calvary. So in the context of the billions that have lived; the word, the “remnant”, is a good choice.

With that said; what of the parable of the sower? How do so many fit into this parable, how do I fit in? Will the cares of this life eventually choke all the hope I have, God knows! The Apostle Paul had this to say about his example living as a man claiming to be a Christian; Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” (1Corinthians 9:25-27) – I most certainly cannot claim what he was able to claim. My life has been full of so many bad choices and I never seem to put off this “body of death” which continues to lure me into the same traps and the very same mistakes.

What is a man to do O great Jehovah? One could never denounce the work of Calvary as it is obvious what you have done to save the lost, it is also obvious what Christ had to endure to make away for sinners to find repentance in and through His sacrifice. But the times I have disappointed you is unbearable, the times I have sinned against you is too much to bear. Please forgive me Father God! I have no excuse I am guilty as charged, nothing I do or say will excuse my guilt. You alone know my end!

Both vessels of honour and dishonour will ultimately glorify your name; “Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory--.” (Romans 9:21-23)

As I sit in this dark dreary pit I pray please forgive me and do not cast me to the dogs, I alone kneel and call for your mercy, and I never seem to change. Thank you Father for Jesus Christ the Lord, thank you for His finished work, He never changes, He is truly worthy of all praise, Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

take 10 looks at Christ for the long look you are taking at yourself. If you need to, weep and repent and then pick yourself up and persevere not forsaking the assembly. Find the head of the monster and crush it.

Tyrone said...

Thanks and Amen!