The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 16 February 2011

A happy God!

(Psalms45:8) “Whereby they have made thee glad.”

This morning as I sit in my chair in front of my keyboard, with sleepy eyes with my mind slowly kicking into gear as I contemplate what subject to pen this morning. As I look for a thought that would dominate my mind, as I look to my dreams and my thoughts throughout the night, as I probe and pull looking for the direction my thoughts will take, I keep coming back to a song that even now rings true to my ears, “when I think of the goodness of Jesus when I think of what He has done for me, my very soul cries out hallelujah, praise God for saving me.” I am often in a state of happiness and my joy is full when I remember Calvary, and even more so when I am reminded that Calvary was for me! Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour hung and bled on a tree for so many and I was amongst the number, He died for Tyrone; yes He died and suffered for me! He gave so much of Himself, in fact He could not have given more, it cost Him His life, separation from His Father as He hung on a cruel Roman tree as He was judged for the sins of the world (all those who through the ages would repent and believe, from the very first to the very last). So much of Him was given and even now He cries out, “just a little longer and the trump of God will sound” and my mind repeatedly echo’s these words to itself, “whosoever will to the Lord may come He will not turn one away. Jesus Jesus, heals the broken hearted Jesus heals the broken hearted he will not turn one away”.

We have so much to be grateful for, my list is full of immense gratitude, it would conclude in that, I owe Him my life, my body and soul belongs to my God, not because He could claim it and do whatever He chooses with it, as He has it in His power as God to do whatever He chooses. Yet, I willingly give Him of myself as He has freely given me all in Himself, in and through His Son, my Saviour; this is why I now have eyes which can see. The gift of God is so beautiful to behold, and yet not everyone can echo these words. “O how I love you Lord!” If only we could see into the hidden realm of the spirit world, we would then see how much we are loved. How God gives His angels charge over His children, how they also work together for our salvation and to His glory.

All of God’s children are the benefactors of God’s mercy and His grace; we all at times derive much joy and immense satisfaction knowing that one day we will be like our glorious Saviour, complete in so many ways! But how often do we give thought to the joy the only true awesome omnipresent holy and righteous God derives from His children. “For the LORD reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.” (Proverbs 3:12)

I will suggest saying that He loves and delights to dwell in the house of His people. What? God delights to dwell with me as useless and fickle as I can be at times. “Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, "Great is the LORD, who delights in the welfare of his servant!" (Psalms 35:27)

“The great God has pleasure in this prosperity of good people, not only of his family, the church in general, but of every particular servant in his family. He has pleasure in the prosperity both of their temporal and of their spiritual affairs, and delights not in their griefs; for he does not afflict willingly; and we ought therefore to have pleasure in their prosperity, and not to envy it.” M Henry

I would like to explore more of these thoughts, but as I now begin to habitually develope a pattern of running late for various engagements I will leave you with some of Charles Spurgeon, thoughts so that I may make the golf course on time. It is not the golf engagement that is of importance but rather the message I deliver if I am habitually late for an engagement.

“And who are thus privileged to make the Saviour glad? His church-his people. But is it possible? He makes us glad, but how can we make him glad? By our love. Ah! we think it so cold, so faint; and so, indeed, we must sorrowfully confess it to be, but it is very sweet to Christ. Hear his own eulogy of that love in the golden Canticle: “How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine!” See, loving heart, how he delights in you. When you lean your head on his bosom, you not only receive, but you give him joy; when you gaze with love upon his all-glorious face, you not only obtain comfort, but impart delight. Our praise, too, gives him joy-not the song of the lips alone, but the melody of the heart’s deep gratitude. Our gifts, too, are very pleasant to him; he loves to see us lay our time, our talents, our substance upon the altar, not for the value of what we give, but for the sake of the motive from which the gift springs. To him the lowly offerings of his saints are more acceptable than the thousands of gold and silver. Holiness is like frankincense and myrrh to him. Forgive your enemy, and you make Christ glad; distribute of your substance to the poor, and he rejoices; be the means of saving souls, and you give him to see of the travail of his soul; proclaim his gospel, and you are a sweet savour unto him; go among the ignorant and lift up the cross, and you have given him honour. It is in your power even now to break the alabaster box, and pour the precious oil of joy upon his head, as did the woman of old, whose memorial is to this day set forth wherever the gospel is preached. Will you be backward then? Will you not perfume your beloved Lord with the myrrh and aloes, and cassia, of your heart’s praise? Yes, ye ivory palaces, ye shall hear the songs of the saints!" C.H.Spurgeon

So with those thoughts...

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: