The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 21 June 2015

The looking glass

As I gaze through the looking glass of time I see a man who was once popular amongst his peers but now full of sorrow, with regret eating away at what bantam hope he has left. A bloke who once gloated in his conquering quests, a man once full of pride on reflection on the backburner of his life; a fella now stripped naked and ashamed as those around him have much to say about his current quandary. Although he once had ogles to say about his God, his foolish actions had now silenced him. Be that as it may, his deepest regret was how he had disappointed his God and brought Him into disrepute. A chap who had once truly experienced the joy of his salvation, and yet in the recesses of his soul was nevertheless still somehow able to latch onto the little hope that remained. “What now” is the pressing question?

The obvious answer was there is nowhere else to go besides the only true living and loving God. “Jesus in my place” is the lesson that is a hard pill for him to swallow but nevertheless the only truth that lives. The lures that once helped him forget were no longer an option. Wine, woman and song a thing of the past as that type of lifestyle is full of cankerous worms and by experience has taught him the emptiness of that existence and all it could ever accomplish was to leave a man gasping for breath. “All is vanity” outside of fulfilling the will of God in a person’s life that is now an obvious deduction; Jesus the only man of repute is the only alternative. Bless His glorious name now and forever more, Amen!

“Amazing grace how sweet that sound that saved a wretch like me”.

In consideration of who God actually is and with His capacity to operate outside the realms of time; in other words to have the ability to time-travel and knowing what He knows and then to still be willing to send His Son to die in my place gives me great insight into a part of His character that is unquestionably full of compassion. “Why”! The simplest riposte I can muster is that GOD IS LOVE! His persona is Love and it must drive Him to be compassionate, wow!

“Amazing Grace how sweet that sound that saved a wretch like me”.

It would be an improbable accomplishment to arrive at this conclusion without the eyes of faith; God’s goodness personified in the heart of a wretched sinner like me. It leaves my thoughts so full that it feels as if my brain is about to explode. Thank you Father God for remembering me…

Signing off

Tyrone




  


   

No comments: