The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 18 January 2014

Wise or Foolish?

(Matthew 25:2)  “Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.”

It would be fair to conclude that foolishness has had a large role to play throughout my life. So many foolish choices along life’s journey! But without looking through the specifics let me rather conclude that I too, like Solomon, would have to conclude that the sole purpose of man is to fear God and to keep His commandments; “The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.” (Ecclesiastes 12:13) -  Easier said than done, that is why God has so graciously made provision for a sinner like me; Jesus Christ paying the ultimate price for my sin, so that I could go free, or put another way; so that I could escape God’s judgment!

God’s call has gone out and very few, if any, have not heard these words, “For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."” (Romans 10:13) – Or at least the story of the gospel…

Yet even after my eyes were open to God’s plan for my life, mankind, this world and the universe I still filled my life with so many foolish choices. BUT GOD, who is rich in mercy, has once again opened my eyes to understanding the importance of confessing my sin and calling out to Him.

For those who understand what I am saying, take heed to the warnings in Matthew 25; if we are filling our lives with foolishness, we need to change gears, we need to call on God our Father in the name of Jesus Christ and seriously seek out oil for our lamps. For there is a day just on the horizon when darkness will fall upon the earth and all who reside on it will need the oil of Jesus Christ to light their paths; this time of trouble will be very unpleasant. The Bible has this to say about it; For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 24:5-13)

Having said that, fear not, for our Saviour has overcome, He has conquered all! He will protect those who belong to Him, yes we may lose our heads, but we have a home just over the hill that is glorious. A place that cannot be tainted by sin or anything evil, a place where the Lord Jesus will welcome us with open arms, a place where faith would have run its race and no longer be needed; for we shall see Him for who He is, we will embrace Him and love Him not with the eyes of faith but in person. O how I long for that day, even so come quickly Lord Jesus…

There are the foolish and then there are the wise…

Let our cry then echo through the heavens, “help me to serve thee O God!”

Signing off

Tyrone  



No comments: