The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 16 January 2014

Ask and ye shall receive...

(John 16:24) “…ask, and ye shall receive…”

The bible is full of instruction concerning the faith and the application of it for the believer, many have failed dismally in this area of their lives, but before I look to point a finger, which somehow seems so easy to do, let me first take the log out of my own eye and then I will see clearly and only then may I possibly help others that may be struggling with “splinters”.

What needs to be understood about this specific instruction the Apostle John gives us in this portion of scripture. “Ask, and ye shall receive– this could possibly be the most misunderstood verse in the Bible! Why? Not that it is hard to understand, in fact there is nothing mystical about it… on a daily basis we often ask and receive…

Why then in the past have I asked God my heavenly Father, the greatest of all father’s for this or that and not received it? The answer is a simple one, pay careful attention to the answer… You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:3-4)

What then is the question I should be asking to receive God’s blessing? I need to begin to see through the eyes of the Creator of heaven and earth; I need to trim my lens so that I become more accurate in defining the shapes of the will of God in my life. I need to put Him first, just as the Lord Jesus put Him first and cried “not my will but thine be done”; easier said than done, too true! However I am persuaded of this truth; this then is the request one needs to make along life’s journey; “renew a right spirit in me” must be the cry of every believer and watch God work…

No wonder then when Elijah prayed for rain it rained and when he prayed that it would stop it did exactly that. There was no doubt in the man’s mind or in God’s mind. He asked and he received.

Signing off

Tyrone

  

No comments: