The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 19 January 2014

Have you lost your way?

(Song of Solomon 3:1) “I sought him, but I found him not.”

Throughout the throws of life we have all been so conditioned to do what is against God. Sin taking hold of our lives has caused us to live lives detached from God! What a dismal state! BUT GOD who is rich in mercy has found it in His heart to save so many sinners from that dismal state. I thank God for His beloved Son the Lord Jesus Christ my Saviour for His faithfulness, even after I had once been blinded by my own sin and not the sin of another. God has in accordance with His will chosen to call out my name and open my eyes to the filth of my life. How thankful I am for this free gift of salvation.

Nevertheless along life’s journey the “little foxes” have somehow reappeared and caused me to lose sight of this perfect gift. I fear I am not alone in my deliberation! In fact I know that many have encountered a similar experience! Those are the cards so many have been dealt! BUT GOD who is perfect in every way has made provision for all who belong to Him! Repentance and faith working together to restore what the cankerworm has eaten.

Cancer has surrounded me in more ways than I care to describe, death on every corner. Today I will attend a funeral of a man I knew who has died of cancer at the tender age of 54; my father’s struggle against the very same vermin; one of my best friends also struggles with a disease that takes no prisoners looking to destroy all that is good!

Be that as it may, it is no match for the only true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" (1Corinthians 15:55) – It is only a transition to something far greater; once we pass from this life into the next we will forever be with God our Father. Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour will be our king forever keeping those who belong to Him safe in His arms.

But until then we need to be diligent in trimming our sail, if we have lost our way we need with urgency to seek Him out. One may say, “I have lost my way and I cannot seem to find my way back to that glorious place of safety.” We no longer can with any confidence cry, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!” I say go back to the place where you lost Him and you shall surely find Him!

Consider these wise words from someone that has already arrived on the other side…

“I sought him, but I found him not.”
- Son_3:1
“Tell me where you lost the company of a Christ, and I will tell you the most likely place to find him. Have you lost Christ in the closet by restraining prayer? Then it is there you must seek and find him. Did you lose Christ by sin? You will find Christ in no other way but by the giving up of the sin, and seeking by the Holy Spirit to mortify the member in which the lust doth dwell. Did you lose Christ by neglecting the Scriptures? You must find Christ in the Scriptures. It is a true proverb, “Look for a thing where you dropped it, it is there.” So look for Christ where you lost him, for he has not gone away. But it is hard work to go back for Christ. Bunyan tells us, the pilgrim found the piece of the road back to the Arbour of Ease, where he lost his roll, the hardest he had ever travelled. Twenty miles onward is easier than to go one mile back for the lost evidence.
Take care, then, when you find your Master, to cling close to him. But how is it you have lost him? One would have thought you would never have parted with such a precious friend, whose presence is so sweet, whose words are so comforting, and whose company is so dear to you! How is it that you did not watch him every moment for fear of losing sight of him? Yet, since you have let him go, what a mercy that you are seeking him, even though you mournfully groan, “O that I knew where I might find him!” Go on seeking, for it is dangerous to be without thy Lord. Without Christ you are like a sheep without its shepherd; like a tree without water at its roots; like a sere leaf in the tempest-not bound to the tree of life. With thine whole heart seek him, and he will be found of thee: only give thyself thoroughly up to the search, and verily, thou shalt yet discover him to thy joy and gladness.” (Charles Spurgeon)

Signing off

Tyrone


PS It is well with my soul!

No comments: