The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Training


What is it about the minds memory, how it likes to hand on hope, even if certain factors are a little skewed. I look at my journey as a Christian here on earth and obviously I have many fond memories but also many regrets. I suppose each and every one of us have our misgivings. And in and through those uncertainties I find myself clutching at hope and I am sure I am not alone. Life is so full of “self”, its staggering.

I find myself with some others, classified as outcasts by the apparent elect. Rebels and unruly and yet we would not be the first. However there is no need to linger here, what is God’s instruction to me?

It would be a good thing if we first learnt to put others first. Until then we will never move away from our own little worlds. How do I know this? Not that I have moved from “self” to others by any means, but God has lead the way in and through His beloved Son the Lord Jesus Christ…

God is the highest authority in the Universe and He chose to created mankind in His image, we resemble him in form. The bible tells us we will be co-heirs with Him in heaven. But firstly we need training, like any other qualification. Would a soldier be sent to the front lines of battle without any form of preparation? Parents have often coined the phrase “do what I say and not what I do”. God is not like this, He has led from the front. The Lord Jesus is the perfect example. For us to comfort those in need we first have to experience our own need! We must learn the ways of our Saviour, of course we will never attaint to His immaculate achievements but that does not excuse us from mimicking His example. We have been summoned to do exactly that.

What then is that example?

If the first will be last and visa-versa, this means that we must lose all forms of our reputation and learn to serve others even if we go without. In fact it goes even further than that; Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:19-21)

The Lord Jesus the catalyst in and through creation, the One who fashioned foxes and birds had this to say;And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head."” (Luke 9:58)

He had it in His power to destroy those arresting and crucifying Him;Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matthew 26:53) – The Lord knew that His hour had come and He was about to face the most horrific humiliation and torrid death, but if those angels had come every single one of us would now be without hope and awaiting a lost eternity. Our Saviour willing subjected Himself to those in authority and placed other before Himself. Do we, will we? He has left us His example to follow and follow we must…

Signing off

Tyrone  
   
   



No comments: