The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 24 September 2012

A time of Reflection


How lax I have become in holy duties, dull in hearing and sad for the experience. This morning I reflect on the times in my life where life was bubbling over and it felt as if I was turbo charged. What has changed? The cares of this life have pressed in and looked to suffocate the joy of my salvation. However as dull as I have felt of late, what God has begun in my life may have seemed to lose its flame, and yet the flax still smokes. Although the fig tree did not blossom and there was no fruit on the vine, yet will I rejoice in my Lord! What is the reason for this? And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6)

The beauty of salvation rest on God’s ability to get us home and not our fickle volatility as men as we at times stumble in the dark when there is no need to be there. We have been transferred into the kingdom of light. The Apostle Paul constantly reminds us of this truth. It is obvious that our wrestling at times looks to doubt this. But there can be no doubt, just as the Lord Jesus overcame on our behalf for the price that sin required; it cost Him His life. As great as that achievement was so too will we stand in awe as we see Him getting everyone that truly believes in Him, home. No true believer will be left behind. It must hinge on our faith in God to get us home and not our faith in what this life can give us. Do we serve God for wealth and an easier lifestyle or do we bow to Him in gratitude for His forgiveness for our sins? It is not about being first in this life, on the contrary, those who are first will be last and those who are last will be first. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” (Matthew 19:30)

What then is His promise to all those who believe? Believe what must be our first question? Or rather let’s deal with it secondly and let us look firstly at what we must not believe. It is clear from scripture that there will be those who say they believe but will not make it to heaven. This is then a warning from the Lord Jesus; “"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'(Matthew 7:21-23)

Could I be amongst that number, the possibility is real as there will be those numbered with the workers of lawlessness? What are the warning here? Those who claim signs and wonders as there proof for salvation; prophesy, casting out of devils and any other mighty work claims. That must not be our assurance. Those who make it to heaven must be about the will of the Father. We must not serve God for the sake of our bellies; For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. (Philippians 3:18-19)

How I love the Bible, Gods Word for our lives; if we become cocky we are quickly brought to our knees and when we are almost without hope we are revitalized. How great is our God? Praise the name of Jesus.

To excuse our sin as if it didn’t matter would be a grave mistake; we must constantly strive to put our flesh down. I am so weak in this area, forgive me Father, but help me find the grace to become better with my resolve. We must not be overly concerned with material wealth and the goodies this life has to offer. With food and raiment we must be content.

This then is where we find comfort and nowhere else; “But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.” (Philippians 3:20-21)
 
We must have faith towards God and yet we must reflect soberly on where we stand. We must address the areas on want and find grace to achieve obedience where we lack it. Our hope and drive must be in the life to come and not this life…

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: