The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 12 March 2012

A current thought...


Thought time we all learn that there are most certainly certain things that aid in our walk as Christians just as much as there are things that look to disqualify. This blog has been of great assistance in the Lord Jesus to help me focus, but as soon as my eyes shifted I no longer found grace to be persistent with my endeavour’s. Today is a good day as God’s grace has afforded me the opportunity to once again pen my thoughts and for this I am thankful. I will be quick to say I do not have all the answers and I do not know what tomorrow may hold but God Knows!

We must learn to focus on what the Lord Jesus achieved with more certainty in our lives than the rising of the sun. We have an enemy that will do his utmost to stop us from achieving this end. Be that as it may, while we are afforded breath we have hope!

A reflection over this torrid time of my unbelief…

It is one thing to be aware of the danger on the horizon, take our end of the year holiday most of us are fortunate to have and enjoy. One is able to prepare for battle in that sense; precaution can be made to be on the lookout for certain triggers that could lead to us dropping our guard. In fact because we are on holiday we give ourselves license. That has been my experience over time.

At all times our focus should be Christ and not the success or failure of one another.

However, it is when we drop our guard, when the company we keep is safe, and there would seem no need to be guarded as we are all of a similar mind, “birds of as feather”, in that sense. We are all Christian and on the same side, that is if we all believe that it is Christ alone who has accomplished our release and it is only because of what He achieved that we are now named amongst the believer.

Here are the facts with no if and buts; But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:4-9): I wonder how many people actually get this; I do not speak to infants but those who claim to be mature in Christ. As soon as we look to disqualify others because of what we now achieve in our own lives and we compare ourselves to them with a disqualifying eye, we have forgotten the basic fundamentals of Christianity; “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

With that said, I suppose it is a message that brings consolation to my heart because there has been much failure surrounding my life over the last few of weeks. Be that as it may, how does that effect what Christ achieved on Calvary? It could and never will effect what He achieved, that has been sealed for eternity, praise His name!

Where am I most vulnerable? I think I may have finally seen a truth to my life I have always tried to shut out; I have always strained to please those closest to me, even if they were blind to it. I know, even if they don’t! So when someone close to me decided to cut me off because of all my inadequacies after 30 years, having known me for thirty years and having seen me develop through life with my many bad decisions attached along the way and then to finally decide that they have had enough. Who could have seen it coming, I certainly didn’t! But these are the real issues of life and the things that affect us most. To say that they don’t cut deep would be a lie; they certainly do, even when we put on a brave face, pretending as if we don’t care. And yet I understand that he also has his own battle, so let me be very clear I do not hold his decision against him, these are just the issues of life that Satan uses to get the believer to throw stones.

I did care and I dropped my guard; sadly I continue to keep doing the same thing, when similar occurrences happen. But now that I have recognised a “trigger” that I have previously shut out, just maybe I will find the grace to no longer drop my guard in that area of my life. There are many other “triggers” that play there part in my life. However, this is the one that now seems to be current. Having said that, at the end of the day we have no one but ourselves to blame when it comes to sin in our lives, Christ has paid the price of our debt. I am well aware of my sin at present and can only ask for forgiveness and the power to search out His grace to turn from it.

It is when we encounter the serious failures of others that we are shown our own hearts and we can soon see exactly where we stand, with regard to Christ’s accomplishments in our own lives.

But I wonder how many have forgotten that it is Christ alone who accomplished our redemption. If I or anyone of us feel we have something to say against a brother; I will leave you with this thought; “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone.”

Signing off

Tyrone
    


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Tyrone, stay strong in the Lord. I recently spotted a simple but profound truth; The resurrection is a future glorious hope for our physical bodies, but consider this, the resurrection has already happened in my spirit, in that I have been made alive. We now have the opportunity to live in resurrection life and use this to overcome the weaknesses of our unregenerate flesh. God's great wisdom once again on display.

Tyrone said...

Thanks Brother for you encouragement I appreciate it greatly.