The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 19 October 2011

He remains faithful!


(2Timothy 2:13)  “If we are faithless, he remains faithful-- for he cannot deny himself.”

It was a rough night last night, I bit my tongue, slapped myself in the face walking up and my leg throbbed. Yet even through that is seemingly a bit of useless information, I am excited on the condition of how my mind reasons. Even with these distractions my mind ticked over looking for biblical truths to help equip me to find obedience to God, my Heavenly Father.

I may hear or see something and my mind looks to examine it against the Word of God; it seems to be instinctive, and this excites me as it was not always like that of late. It was however stronger when I was a babe in Christ; soon after salvation so much around me had a bad stench to it. I noticed it mostly through Hollywood in the way they manipulate our reasoning though blockbusters with their under toned messages; keeping people's eyes off Christ and getting people to believe a liar. It is a conditioning tool that has its part to play in Satan’s economy. Without wanting to overplay their role, I suppose everything in life that does not lead us to Christ and His conditioning will leave us bare and expose to so many different lures and we know that once sin is conceived it brings forth death.

Therefore we must be on guard against those initial thoughts that look to trap us. It is like cheese in a mouse trap. Before long if we continue to let certain patterns in our lives dominate, it is our conscience that ends up seared; I do not speak about other people’s ethics or how they see you and look to place you under bondage about a liberty you may or may not have in Christ; “…For why should my liberty be determined by someone else's conscience?” (1Corinthians 10:29)   

But I speak of something that we in ourselves have always once believed to be wrong and unacceptable but now accept it as the norm. This is where the individual’s conscience has been seared. I know as it has happened to me. But unless we seek God’s face and His graces how will that ever change?

This then is the thought that excites me this morning; God is love, His word is true and He looks out for His children but if we remain faithless He cannot deny Himself.

When the Word of God then teaches us; Then Isaiah is so bold as to say, "I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me."” (Romans 10:20): - However, now that we have been found and have His Spirit we have sons privileges. And so when the Lord Jesus makes a statement like this it should bring with it great excitement;And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"” (Luke 11:9-13)

Although this portion of scripture makes specific reference to the Holy Spirit it is the mind-set of the individual I wish to highlight. Do we ask truly believing that God hears our prayers and more than that gives us what has been requested? Do we really believe that He has ears to hear? OF course He does! Even to reason like this is bordering on blasphemy, forgive me Father God! But I know my own heart in this matter. Because some have perverted the application of this teaching by looking for goodies, prosperity and the like does not mean there is any less weight to it. Look at the man Elijah; “Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.” (James 5:17-18)   

If we therefore learn to put on the mind of Christ with our application in our prayer life imagine this glorious world as it unlocks to the realm of seeking, finding and receiving. Let us not make the same mistake so many make and have made; “You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.” (James 4:3)

If we therefore ask anything in accordance to the will of God we better believe we will receive it, all we need resolve is seeking out the will of God for our lives. We must spend time studying the scripture and pay no attention to the luring voice that lurks in the dark alleys alongside the Celestial road.

This is a walk of faith!

Signing off

Tyrone    


No comments: