The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 2 August 2011

When I was a child...


(1Corinthians 13:11) When I was a child…”

My prayer for today would be that we would all have eyes to see and ears to hear what it cost the Lord to lay down His life for His brethren, but more specifically for every true Christian that has learnt to call out to Him in time of need. Until we see this clearly, our lives will remain in the mainstream of nominal Christianity. I beseech you Father God in the name of our great Saviour to open all our eyes to the understanding of Christ’s selfless acts of love and may it captivate all of our hearts, for everyone who reads these posts, from America to India and even Australia, we cannot be separated by distance as we are family and united in the body of Christ in and through your Spirit, all those who belong to you and have your Spirit, we were once lost and dead in our trespasses and sins but now we have found life, praise the name of Jesus! To my Indian family, you know who you are; I have an encouragement for you; be strong in Him, and do not let your circumstance rob you of the joy that can only be found in Him. Just a little while – “But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.” (1Peter 5:10) 
  
Help us Father become vessels unto honor bringing glory to our risen King. Forgive me for my constant forgetfulness; I wonder how it is for you, but all I can do is expose my own heart. I realize that the same sin looks to trip me up over and over again and just when I think I am through it I find the struggle rages on. Let us not forget to pray for one another as there is place given by God through the prayer of a righteous man for every believer, there is power in prayer, for God has so willed it, let us remember to pray for one another.

Without any emphasis placed on fleshly confidence as there is no place for this type of mindset in a Christian’s life. We must put our confidence in the finished work of Calvary. This will never happen if we forget the price it cost the Lord to free us from our once inevitable death sentence, an eternity in hell! So from here on in as we arise to the dawning of a new day and we wipe the sleep from our eyes may God remind us of the sweat-drops of blood in the Garden of Gethsemane, and the nails scarred hails of our risen Saviour. So, when we are lured into disobedience by our lusts and the trickery of the devil, we remember to stand firm in Him clothed with His armour. Our back is protected and we needed worried about what may sneak up from behind, our great Lord and King has that covered. Nevertheless we must dress every day for battle, and in principle it is no different to the way in which the Lord fed the children in the wilderness with manna from heaven, it was one day at a time! They were not permitted to gather abundance for the following day’s food supply. For if they did it would it would have bred worms and been inedible. It was only one day at a time, may we learn the same lesson: - “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.” (Romans 13:11) 

The only way we will ever be settled in Him is for us to learn to obey His Word. Let us not place any reasoning above the Word of God as it will only end in disaster. I will speak for myself and no other, I am tired of doing things my way, as it has left so many scars. The time for childish things must now end for all who call upon the name of the Lord; “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” (1Corinthians 13:11)

So then anything that keeps me from the resolve of my Heavenly Father’s will is no more than a childish thing! It is now time for many to man-up as it were and find grace in time of need to put off all the childish things in our lives. We have the mind of Christ, let us then use it to His glory! And let us remember to pray by name for one another!

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: