The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 3 August 2011

A Spiritual Formula!


A reasoning out of a formula (a working document, and not polished)

This morning let me consider an equation; let me call it the formula to "life and peace" here on earth, for if this truth could just resonate in our understanding we would be free to serve God.

(The cross + unrighteous sinner= no condemnation) that is what many like to believe even amongst Christians.  It was John Piper who got me thinking about this. I think it should maybe rather read; (the cross + believing sinner= no condemnation), as there is a vast difference.

The first formula looks to include all, but the second is more specific and includes only the believer from condemnation. Yes both are as guilty as each other as all are sinners and deserve hell. Just as I deserve hell on my own merit. So then what makes me different from the next unrepentant sinner? It is the work of the cross. It is what Christ accomplished on Calvary. It has nothing to do with me or anybody else! Not Daniel, David, Noah or even Job! God the Father was pleased with what He accomplished. In fact God’s seal of approval is clearly witness by all the heavenly hosts as He raised Him from the dead, He now lives and is seated at the right hand of God. The resurrection God’s stamp of approval, I suppose no different in type to a believers baptism. I must explore this though a little further!

If salvation is a gift of God, which it is, we must grasp this truth entirely before we will understand the answer to this equation = NO CONDEMNATION. There is absolutely nothing we can do within ourselves to be justified before a holy God. Do not confuse sanctification now with regeneration! From the smallest to the greatest of sins I will be left naked before a holy God unacceptable and unable to enter heaven, unless I am covered by Christ sacrifice. How am I covered? By the grace of God, I have done nothing to deserve it, I deserve hell and yet I have found life in and through the perfect work of Christ on the cross. As a confessing believer if I now err and I sin I do feel terrible, which is good as my conscience is now at work, but if it leaves me with an unworthy sense of guilt looking to disqualification me, I must say NO! Something has gone wrong with my understanding of Christ’s perfect work. When God looks upon even my disobedience as I often stumble, I have an advocate that constantly pleads my case before His Father. “Remember my sacrifice” are the Words of our great Redeemer! Yes, God hates sin and yet He loves His Son. In fact He hates sin so much that He was willing to sacrifice that which He loved to defeat that which He hates. Christ died in the place of sinners. But only for His elect, repentant sinners, those who understand that they deserve hell, but God in his goodness made a way of escape for them in and through His beloved Son. It is about what Jesus Christ achieved and it will never be about what we achieve. The law proved to us that we would never quite cut it. Why then do we now think we can cut it? An on-going struggle through-out life, but when this verse settles, we are free to serve our mighty Father; “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)

There is only one of two ways in which we can tackle this text. We either reason carnally or we believe God and what He now teaches us through His Word. Even if there is a hint of condemnation after I have sincerely asked for forgiveness for my disobedience (sin) I have not fully understood the beauty of this text and Christ’s work on Calvary as He has freed us to walk in His victory. Praise His magnificent glorious majestic name!

Therefore “the cross” + “believing sinner”= “no condemnation”

We must understand the theory before we are able to live it out; if we get it wrong we will end up living wrong. I suppose all have made mistakes through our journey here on earth. Life is a process and a mean to an end. Heaven our final objective!

Lord willing in tomorrow’s post I will look to polish these thoughts.

Signing off

Tyrone  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

= good news