The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 26 November 2010

Wait for the Lord.

(Psalm 27:14) “...; wait for the LORD!”

I love the way David’s confidence in the Lord can be seen time and again, when reading through the Psalm’s it is clearly visible. His life was very full. Not only was he a king and all the responsibility that entailed, but his life was full of trial, testing and even failure at times. However, when he fell into temptation it did not take long for him to see his mistake and turn to the only righteous God and seek out His forgiveness. He took God very seriously, do we? His life was a life filled with happenings; He made a married woman pregnant, he had a faithful husband and soldier killed so that he could cover up his own sin. He lost a son at birth as a consequence of his sin. He had his adult children at loggerheads and his son Absalom died trying to over-through his kingdom. Yet David had such a heart of love that he wept for Absalom although he wanted to destroy his father. King Saul was also his enemy and he had to run from him. He killed lions and bears when they tried to steal his sheep, he was a great shepherd! And then of course his greatest accomplishment with the whole of Israel watching, he slew Philistine champion Goliath with a stone, slingshot and with God’s backing. There is much more we could say about David, but the point in question must be his heart. It was massive in faith, and was loved by God. We must seek to have a heart like David, massive in faith and trust wherever we may find ourselves on this Celestial road to the New Jerusalem. Whether we be picking ourselves out of one of its ditches or we may even be on a hilltop with a great view and confident with our surrounding, wherever we find ourselves we must “wait for the Lord”, we must be careful not to run ahead on Him as He has walk this road and knows all its pitfalls. Lock hands with Him and it will go well with us. We all have abilities that are God given, yet we could seek solace in those abilities rather than in the finished work of Calvary. We have not been left guessing on how we should react and then how to act with the Word of God (bible) as our instructor. If we see God Himself commending an individual, we must sit up and take note, which one of us does not want to be commended by their God and Father? We all seek His recognition, and then let us follow David’s case in point; “Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!”

David’s heart and spirit was often crying out for help, we must also always cry out for help! (Psalms 27:7-14) “Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me! You have said, "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, LORD, do I seek." Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation! For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in. Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies. Give me not up to the will of my adversaries; for false witnesses have risen against me, and they breathe out violence. I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!”

We must learn to depend solely upon the Lord, for He is and will always be our strength. This is what it means to walk in faith, regardless of my surroundings; even if I am to be burnt on a stake I must remember to “WAIT FOR THE LORD”, I must trust Him!

Grace is needed to endure whatever may befall us, but there is a supply so great that we could never exhaust its supply. Therefore let us remember to come boldly to the throne of grace so that we may find it to help in time of need, Amen.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: