The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 5 November 2010

Our Great God

(Isaiah 54:7) “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”

This day ought to be celebrated; all the saints shout with proclamation, “our God reigns!”

Great is thy faithfulness, and most worthy are you to be praised. There is no other God beside you, this is a fact, but even if there could be which there isn’t, we your children would never look to anyone else but you our great Jehovah. I love you and thank you for your mighty power, your tender love, your never changing righteousness, your unwavering faithfulness and for sending Jesus your Son, my Saviour to pay the price for my wickedness and tainting sin. How the words of the song writer, “who saved a wretch like me,” rings true. If I could which I can’t pay back this debt of unmerited favour that while I was yet an enemy, you set your Son to die for me. O what great love is this, my God? Who can fathom it, the depths of your love has no bounds; the riches of your wisdom could never be weighed and knowledge your wear as a garment never grows fainter. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD, sing now all you birds of the air, sing out and praise this great Creator, our God reigns! Cry out to Him all you people for his mercies endure forever. He is worthy to be praised, so praise Him. Praise Him in creation, how grand is it’s exquisiteness to behold. Who could ever measure the depths, breath and height of this enormous God? His immensity is beyond measurement. And yet a day is coming when puny man, all those who have repented and believe on the finished work of Calvary, all those who have trusted by faith that which they have seen with the eyes of faith, all those who with their mouths have confess the Lord Jesus to others and in their hearts have believe that after He died on that cruel cross, on the third day that God the Father rose Him from the dead. For all of us with this confession a day is coming where grand words from this enormous God will proceed from His lips as He articulates, “The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.”

How I long for that day, what a day that will be! I often wonder if there is a multitude of saints which John points out to us in the book of Revelation and declares that they could not be numbered. Yet they are from ever tribe, tongue and nation, where will I be in the masses, where will I be when this great God of ours proclaims these words? If there is to be an inheritance, which is clear from scripture and those who where most faithful are positioned near the front, then I would be somewhere to the rear, nevertheless wherever I may be, just so long as I am there and I hear those words, “The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son. “

When the truth of our God’s greatness begins to resonate in our mind by the renewing of the mind by the word of God our text become no longer just words, but reality reverberates, look at David’s example when He slew the bear and the lion, he understood that nothing could separate him from the love of God and from His protection.

“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.” Will we trust our God? Give us the will to align our will with your will, so that you may be praise and exalted above all else. For you are truly worthy. I love you Father, I love you great Saviour and I love you God the Spirit and thank you for enlightening to me my Great Rescuer, even Jesus Christ my Lord.

Signing off

Tyrone

Ps “Today is the anniversary of the landing of King William III, at Torbay, by which the hope of Popish ascendancy was quashed, and religious liberty was secured, 1688.” C.H.Spurgeon

“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”

AMEN

No comments: