The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Trust and Obey

(Psalms 5:1) “Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my groaning.”

My Great God unto you alone will I pray! As my voice harkens unto you I know that you will hear my cry, in the morning my voice will weep with anticipation as you ears are open to my voice. You pay attention to my supplication, thank you Lord Jesus without your obedience my words would fall on deaf ears. My sin would have seen to that. However I am now covered by your righteousness and on your merit I can cry out to Jehovah God and He now listen to me, thank you my Saviour. “What it meant for you the Holy One to take away my sin.” I call out and the only true God, the Divinity of the heavens and the Earth, the great I AM, the One who has no beginning nor end, The Almighty who can never be corrected as He is Perfect, The One who has shut the seas with doors that cannot be seen as He has commanded them so far and no further, when at times we hear his complaints as the thunders below and lightings flash through the sky declaring His awesome power and much more could be said, in fact so much more that all the books in the world would not be able to contain His vividness. Because of your sacrifice Lord Jesus when I lift my voice to the heavens I am heard. Tell me then, who else is as privileged as those who have the spirit of God? David understood this well and in like fashion the beauty of this truth is becoming more and more of a reality to me. I am in this army and in this militia I have a part to play. I must always remember my dependence on my Captain and King, it is when I think I have understood and got the drill together that I then stumble. “God resists the proud but will give grace to the humble.”Then said Jesus unto his disciples, “If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” Yet I am also told that; “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” How do we now marry those apparent opposites? Firstly they are not opposite but rather complement one another when applied with understanding. Let me explain, we must deny ourselves and find God’s will for our lives, the Lord Himself learnt to obey through suffering; he learnt to obey God’s will over sins rule; (1Peter 4:1-2) “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.” That is the mindset we must except and follow. When we support this truth in our lives we then realise that although yoked it is the Lord who carries us. Think of it like this, an ox is burdened with a yoke when he tills a field before the farmer plants; we are also trouble with a yoke that is unfamiliar to us as we have a will that opposes God as it is fallen and all because of sin. But when we begin to understand that it is the Lord Jesus that uses the strength of His own arms to lift and drive us who are yoked to Him through the trails of this life. When this dawns on me and I relax in my yoke I realise that my feet do not even touch the ground and therefore I can honestly say my yoke is easy and my burden is light. It is when I wiggle and squirm to be free of this yoke that life is hard. The lesson for us all is to learn to trust and obey. I will leave us with this thought, “obedience is better than sacrifice.”

May mercy and grace work together just for today so that we may learn to trust and obey.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: