The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 27 April 2010

For all who have read this blog and those who are still to read it, I’m convinced that most, if not all, have already made up their mind on what they think the gospel is. I understand my own heart and therefore would love nothing more than to place God and all His requirements into my way of life. But what if I am wrong? The consequences could be catastrophic. Therefore I needed to be sure that I understood what the true gospel meant. So let me take care and slowly look to the scriptures to find the truth. Let every point I make be from the Bible regardless of my own thoughts. For this to be accomplished my thoughts must be backed up by scripture and therefore scripture verses will be quoted for all to see.
Where in the Bible do we go to find these answers?
I suppose I could do a word search on the word ‘gospel’. In the ASV I find the word 90 times, and all in the New Testament. This makes sense as this is where the Lord Jesus made His entry into the world. Born of a virgin (Mary) - she was impregnated by God the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1: 18). It was a supernatural occurrence. But the writers of the New Testament do not always use the word ‘gospel’. Peter address 3000 people in the Book of Acts where he preachers the good news of Christianity and never mentions the word ‘gospel’.
I then felt I needed to look beyond the word ‘gospel’. I obviously needed to look at the word in great depth and also look to all those people who had encounters with Him and got to experience Him in person and then glean from their experience in God’s word. I needed to consider God’s character and realised that it is most beautifully seen in the Lord Jesus – He never lied (Titus 1: 2); He is righteous; He judged the world by dying on a cruel Roman cross on a hill called ‘Golgotha’ (John 3: 18); He demonstrated His love by His willingness to die to save all those who would repent and believe (Matthew 20: 28); The creator (John 1: 3).
Tomorrow I will look at the beginning and the creation of man and his downfall.
Signing off...
Tyrone

No comments: