The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 11 April 2023

clean house

 

Having put my hand to the plow concerning a Bible daily reading plan which I gracefully started at the beginning of this year has been beneficial. How so? Well, it somehow opens one up to a different mindset. It’s not as if I’m looking for an answer to a specific subject. Nevertheless, it amazes me how certain truths jump out at me. And there is a specific subject that I would like to bring to your attention…

 

When God freed Israel from slavery out of Egypt the same pattern seems to emerge as the Bible takes us into their history through the ages. It had serve consequences when they allowed certain no-go commands to live with them. They were often instructed to kill all their enemies, yet they allowed some to live. MISTAKE! Without going into too much specific detail, what could I glean as a lesson for my example? What have they taught me? The answer is simple yet profound. What have I allowed to live in my life and not found the grace to kill off? What have I given a pass? What have you given a pass in your lives? If we do not address those areas urgently, it will cost us dearly. As it has already cost us dearly even if we haven't realized it yet, however, while we have breathe we have hope, and we can and must seek out God’s grace in our lives to right our wrongs. This is non-negotiable, I know that we have the power to ignore what needs to be rightfully examined but it will cost us of this I am convinced. Not only in this life but in the life to come.

 

Why should we read the bible daily? Without stating the obvious, it’s the only book that is actually able to read us. Get busy, be deliberate, and look to allocate a small amount of your day to do exactly that reading your bible. It does take discipline, so pray about it and then once you have put your hand on the plow, GO FOR IT! You will be blessed.


Grace and peace to all who confess Jesus as Lord.

 

Signing out

 

Tyrone

       

No comments: