The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 7 October 2020

The love of God

 

This morning as I take the weight off my feet, I am filled with an emotion that is pleasing, yet calming and at the same time it’s bursting with the Awe of GOD. My mind is overwhelmed with thoughts of adoration, thankfulness and the like. I would sum it up like this; the love of God whom can measure it? Memories of what I have been saved from and my Father’s mercies through it all…

 

The journey for all of God’s children varies with each individual, but we all need to travel the same road to find victory, to arrive safely at our final destination. When we will hear those comforting words, “enter into thy rest.”

 

I have vivid recollections as a young child, I was always looking for my father’s approval. To all the parent out there, who are naturally sinful and yet in spite of our flaws we understand the love we have for our children, it’s an effortless love, no matter how ruthless the trajectory, we always want what’s best for them. Siblings normally have a similar bond. Sadly our minds are wired by our natural determinations instead of the spirits domination. This process in our lives, needs training, we have to learn to walk in the Spirit, which is an unnatural process. It’s all about the love and the grace of God in our lives that keeps us marching onward. However, it’s the mess so many of us make along the way that confounds me and it’s that consideration that brings me into the light and the Awe of God my Father. Daniel was a man that seemed to never make any mistakes, a righteous man, but Samson, so many slipups, he even lost his sight and yet they both ended up achieving the will of God in their lives. Their objectives where achieved, they both ended up glorifying the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

 

As parents, we who are naturally sinful will do everything in our power for the wellbeing of our children. It’s our love for them that motivates us. What I what us to chew on, is the love of the Father and specifically His love for His children. We need to settle on the lengths He will travel for us all. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ His Son, our Lord and Saviour highlights the pinnacle of His love. Sadly our default action is that we feel most worthy to converse with Him when we believe we are towing the line. Our carnal instincts weighing in, as we feel worthy because of what we do, instead of what He has done, nothing more than a dead work. In fact, it’s when we are struggling the most that He steps in even more. What will the Good Shepherd do when a sheep strays from the safety of the folk? Does He not leave the ninety-nine in search of the one that has lost its way? Did you know that historically, if a lamb continued to wander off away from safety that the shepherd would break its legs and then carry it on his shoulders? If we need discipline in our lives to learn valuable lessons to focus on His will and not our selfish carnal wants, it’s at these time in our lives that God acts out of an abundance of love, even if it means we need to lose our eyesight or learn that we have been inflicted by a terminal disease. I am not suggesting that everyone that faces these kind of hardships in their lives, is because they are dull of hearing, however, I am convinced that it was what I needed to bring me to my senses. The love of God, who can measure it?

 

Thank you Lord Jesus for your sacrifice, thank you for saving me, and Father God, please forgive me for my stammering lips and the deficiency I have in voicing my gratitude for the love you have shown me. Forgive me for being so dull of hearing through the different stages of my life. Without the outpouring of your love I would certainly be lost and living in a gutter somewhere. But now my hope lives, and one day I will receive that glorified body, which all your children eagerly wait for. Where we will live eternal lives, bringing you the praise and glory you alone deserve. How I long for that day to arrive, even so come quickly Lord Jesus.

 

To God be the glory now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

 

To all my beloved brother and sister across the globe, wherever you may find yourselves, regardless of the struggle, “The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.”

 

Signing off

 

Tyrone


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So thankful that God came to find me when I backslid. Taking it one day at a time and staying close to Him is getting me through my trial. Thank you for this encouragement.

Tyrone said...

Bless you and keep the Lord Jesus close...