The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 12 September 2020

God is Sovereign

God is Sovereign! This is a statement that many a preacher blurbs out from the pulpit and yet how many of us really understand and believes what that means. To be sovereign, means; a supreme ruler or someone not accountable to anyone else. It means to have the final say… God has and will always continue to have the final say regardless of all the objections and those looking to thwart His plans. All will fail, every single one of them. Beginning with Satan and all those who he has hoodwinked into believing his lies. Did you know that the notion behind lies was introduced by him? He is the father of lies. for he is a liar and the father of lies.  (John 8:44)

 

Once we dive deeper into scripture it soon becomes very clear about God’s sovereignty. I believe it’s a building block we all need in our lives, it is foundational. We must seek out God’s grace to understand His dominion and how that effects our lives. It’s crucial that we get this right, when we understand it correctly within our limited capabilities, when God the Holy Spirit opens our eyes to just a smidgen of God’s power, it instinctively boosts our faith in Christ. Just like I find myself instantaneously punching the air as I consider these thoughts; it’s this understanding that affirms we are on the winning side.  What would be the point if there was someone God had to get permission from in order to carry out His plans? He has and always will have the final say on all things pertaining to eternity and where we as individuals end up.  “If God is for me who can be against me?” That doesn’t mean that the Christian won’t face trials with the enemy looking to thwart his plans in the Lord. That’s a given! But who really cares, we belong to our God and HE WILL always have the final say. HE IS SOVEREIGN!

 

The world with their lies is now starting to grate me so deeply that I cannot remain silent. I see a “lion’s den” filled with furious beasts looking to devour. I am on the very road that will bring me to that enclosure, I still have a ways to travel, but before long I know I will arrive. Please pray for me, it is a subject that I am not excited to tackle but wrestle with it I must. I cannot remain inaudible any longer, the world with their influence is feeding the masses a diet of lies, which is now beginning to influence some of our weaker and newly saved sisters. But by the grace of God I will have none of that. If it’s the “Lion’s Den” I must breach then so be it, to truly bolster our faith and endure any hardship in life we feed on the Word of God. Faith come from hearing the Word of God”. The enemy will always look to challenge the voice of God, his objective to cause doubt in an individual’s mind and he always does it on the back of a lie. The closer the liar incorporates as many truthful facts within their lie, the stronger the influence they may have on their targets. The Apostle Paul give us this insight to the Sovereignty of God, and remember he was caught up into heaven, where he saw things that are unlawful to speak about, where he received instruction directly from God. He gives us this advice and it would be prudent for all of us to heed his voice; “Let God be true though everyone were a liar…”  (Romans 3:4)

-      One of his points is that God is so awesome we must learn to trust Him at all costs, even if that nagging voice in our minds tells us the complete opposite. That carnal rational thought process that never looks to line up with God’s truth. Only because it has been tainted by sin. We never to find application in and through the Spirit...   

 

So on the back of God’s sovereignty and the Word of God, the Bible as His Instruction Manual, I will look for grace and strength to tackle what no one else has dared too. Well not at any great lengths that I am aware of, if I am mistaken, please forgive me. The Christian must lay their lives down for their siblings in Christ, period!

 

My conclusion, let us always remember that God is in perfect control of the universe, he even know the number of hairs we have on our heads, and that number is well into the billions when we consider the millions of people living on God’s planet, earth. It’s time to us to place our full trust behind His sovereignty, and not only when it is convenient suites. Trust even unto death is my pray for all of us, may the God of peace flood your souls and open your eyes to see a little clearer.

 

Please pray for me by name, and that I will be given wisdom in this area He is now leading me too.

 

Much love in Christ

 

Signing off

 

Tyrone

No comments: