The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Walk in the Spirit


Clear the mechanism, in other words put on the mind of Christ! Today is a new day, yesterday has passed never to return; if we walk in the Spirit we will put to death the deeds of our flesh. The Word is clear on the subject, it does not say; walk in the Spirit and you will get better at Christianity, IT SAYS; “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16) – Its only once we begin to water down the Word that we miss the author’s intention behind its meaning. This is a statement without any wiggle room attached to it. It’s as good as if it was set in stone, locked into position for saints to feed and draw strength off. A beautiful statement of fact! The question we need to ask ourselves is do we unequivocally believe it to be true? It’s not enough to believe the idea behind the statement; what I mean by that is if we settle on this verse as a partial aid to get me through the day, a sort of a quick fix to magically get me through the trial of life, which will never cut it. Abraham is the father of faith, why? HE BELIEVE GOD, period! We too must look to start applying the Word of God with that same mind-set, anything less will leave us wanting. We must be on the lookout and avoid gleaning only what appeals to our carnality.

Ok, so with that established, what must I do to help me walk in the Spirit? This is now the process of Christianity at its core. I must not now begin to mimic walking in the Spirit under the drive of the flesh, when put to the test this application will be found wanting and proved to be counterfeit. I must be driven by faith, I must believe God, and I must learn to put all my trust in Christ’s finished work. I must be stripped of my independence, which is probably the hardest lesson of all.

Leaving that which is behind me, I must run this race with my total dependency upon what God has done for me, opened my eyes to the spirit world and with the Holy Spirit ushering me towards the finish line. We will stumble at times and many of us have scars to prove it, be that as it may, we know in whom we have believe, all hail King Jesus, bless and praise his name now and forever more, Amen and Amen!

Today is a new day filled with a multitude of potential blessing, so let us be mindful of those who have gone before us as we consider their struggles and feed off the hope that is ours in Christ; one day we shall be like HIM and what a day that shall be. I long for that day when my flesh shall be swallowed up and where the eyes of faith are no longer needed. The day when I see my God in person and as He is, Wow! even now that is an exciting thought which motivates,

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: