The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 14 January 2019

Walk in the Spirit


Once again I sit at my desk in the early hours of the morning traveling my thoughts under the direction of my morning prayer, which went something like this; hallowed be thy name Father, there is no One like you, praise your glorious name. As I draw close to you, please draw nigh unto me and help me be sensitive to the doors which you may open throughout the day, may I bring you honour within those given situations… I prayed for my son, mother and family and the Christians across the globe that you would help all of them walk in the spirit. What is the point of feeding the flesh with so much time an effort as it will end sooner than we can image? And as James says, we “are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Making reference to our lives in the flesh. 

All I long for is to be trained up in righteousness and yet there are obstacles in my path that do not want to move. However, there is most certainly a truth that is becoming very clear to me, “walk in the spirit and we will not fulfil the lusts of our flesh.” Did you know it is impossible for the Spirit of God to sin? The Christian has the Spirit of God living within them. And so the war rages on; a perfect influence that always pleases God and another which continuously looks to serve sin, in fact a slave to it. Both housed in the same vessel. However, Paul's encouragement is to look belong; “You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. (Romans 8:9) - This then is the battle, are we aware of this truth and the way we ort to be. Knowledge is very useful if used correctly. We have the mind of Christ but we still have our carnalities looking to pull us in the opposite direction. 

Let me leave us with this thought, be brave and take courage, for the One we serve, the Lord Jesus Christ has overcome the world. If we call upon Him looking for help, comfort, or just sweet intimate fellowship what happens? - “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you…” (James 4:8) – Double mindedness will always be like water, unstable in all its ways. Which wears an individual down, it may just be the time to dust down, forgetting the past, time to truly pick up your cross and serve God with your whole heart. To make a conscious effort, making it a priority to please God in our lives above all else.  

Paul gives us this gem to find release and to examine our hearts; “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. (Romans 8; 14)

Now the only obvious question we need ask ourselves, can we truly confess that our lives are a manifestation of being led by the Spirit of God?

Priority number 1 is to do whatever it takes in our lives to ensure that we are numbered amongst the sons of God.

That is all

Signing off
Tyrone




No comments: