The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 28 December 2018

The belt of truth


(Job 27:4) My lips will not speak falsehood, and my tongue will not utter deceit.

My goodness, considering Job pronouncing these words when his life was falling apart around him leaves me dumbstruck, I am almost unable to process the truth behind it all, wow! How a man could uphold such integrity when the pressure was on is beautiful. His mind consisted of exactly the same matter we all have, flawed matter driven by its fallen nature, sin. This is the Apostle Paul's conclusion; Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.” (Romans 7:25)

How often do you find yourself in a pickle and before you have time to blink falsehood becomes part of who you are, a little lie to easy the situation. Some may even be thinking, “I do not lie” and then we are taken deeper, God shines His glory into our lives and we soon see ourselves for who we are. As soon as we are put on the spot and even the smallest of lies will make life easier for us, what happens? This is why we have been instructed to “put on the mind of Christ”. We need to dress for battle, the war is fierce and if you are not privy to that truth then you must be still wearing nappies. To be a babe in Christ is a beautiful thing, to have God the Father in our corner is a phenomenal privilege. But when a person has been saved for many years and still wears diapers, well not such a pretty display. But when that nappy is replaced with “the belt of truth” what a glorious spectacle. How that must please our God and Father.

Satan had challenge God about Job and how he would get him to buckle. When the pressure was on, this was Job’s retort; “My lips will not speak falsehood, and my tongue will not utter deceit.” His example silencing the enemy but above all things, bringing glory to God.

For everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:13-14) 

May we all arrive at the resolve of Job and learn to distinguish “good from evil”, as there is no such thing as a white lie finding a pass from God.

When we move on from here and we bomb the test, if we are caught off guard, which is as real as the rising of the sun, let us be quick to acknowledge our fault and confess our sin, this is where the scale of our growth can be managed. Our understanding must be tested, it is the trail of our faith, it will be put to the test and I thank God for this truth in my life, to be like Jesus is all I am after, praise His name and thank you my King for your example. The road in long but the end is near and eventually we will take our last step, look up and we will be there; God the Father, heaven and all its glory, Amen! And what a day that will be.

Signing off

Tyrone




No comments: