The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 24 November 2018

David's example cont...


(Psalm 51:2)  Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!

The further I explore the question concerning my ability to choose God in a corrupt state of mind the plainer it is to arrive at the obvious conclusion; its God who has mercy on a person’s soul and without His intervention in our lives we will remain like the bat sending out sonic booms hoping to avoid the obstacles of life. Without the ability to cry out “I can see”, life is filled with guess work. The dictatorship of summations ruling our lives whilst always clutching at straws. I thank God with all I have for saving my soul and claim absolutely no self-recognition as a man who chose God prior to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob choosing me. And to understand that I had absolutely no merit within myself in finding His favour is a refreshing thought. It’s God first, He does the work, performs the miracle and then only are we given the ability to respond, it’s then that we react favourably. How on earth could it be any other way? Take the batteries out of an electronic shaver and you will be left with an impossible task, but power it up and see what it can do. King David certainly understood this; “Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!

There is a bridge in the spirit world that we won’t always fully comprehend, we see in part through the eyes of faith as it does the work in getting us to the other side; how God chooses to bring a man to the point where they cry out unto Jesus with certainty. An assurance that is undeniable, a saving cry that flips our understanding from confusion to an undeniable reassurance filled with absolute confidence. The brilliance of God silencing the enemy. I confess that I do not fully understand how that exactly unfolds, all I know is when we believe in our hearts that God rose His Son the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and now have the ability to confess Him as our Lord, the work is complete. We are born again and now sons of God. Some say we choose God, other say God choose us, I am persuaded, how can a dead man do anything until he is alive, logically it’s a no brainer. However until a man confesses Jesus as Lord, it is obvious that they have not been saved, their eyes remain shut to the spiritual world. Once the work has happened, it is up to the individual to confess and this then is where the confusion sometimes brings in the “strawman of Christianity” the debate between the Arminian and the Calvinist. This then is my conclusion “whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” and that is the message we must preach and leave the rest to God our glorious Father. Those who will be save shall be saved, God is building His church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. He always has the final say...

Continue to keep washing ourselves and see how often we make the same mistakes, the pattern will soon become obvious if it hasn’t already. The human race have all been born under a vicious cloak of sin, we are fallen beings and therefore have sinful natures. The mind-set that is so often bandied around; “but you deserve it” is a misnomer and will only ever keep us from crying out unto God. David was the king of Israel, he was the final authority and yet when the prophet exposed his sin he fell to his knees and hence the birth of Psalm 51. David understood his sin, owned it, confessed it and then cried out to the only One who had and has it in His power to save. Wherever we find ourselves, whatever the trial, whatever the failure, the answer is simple, cry out unto Jesus Christ the Lord and you will find rescue. Do it any other way and watch the circle of life continually repeat itself. It’s only the Lord who can cleanse us from our sin. He alone has the power to truly save. Have you understood? David most certainly did. We will only ever respond favourably to what we truly understand. This then is the lesson, may God give us eyes to see, Amen and Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone  


No comments: