The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 16 September 2018

Not my will


(Luke 22:42) “…not my will, but yours, be done.” 

It is one thing to be instructed to “put on the mind of Christ” but to find true deep meaningful application to our lives, to live and breathe the will of our glorious heavenly Father on a daily basis seems a little harder to work out. I suppose we all have our crosses to bear and we will all be taken through the paces of our particular excursions to get us there in one way or another. However if we do not learn this lesson well, “not my will but thine be done.” I believe we will remain ineffective and never reach our full potential in Christ. Please do not make the mistake so many make as they view the success of an individual’s life on their wealth and prosperity under the banner of Christianity. That will most certainly pass away, death will make sure of that. It’s our application to the call of God upon our lives and our obedience to His voice that will bring forth fruit, a reward that will last an eternity. Mistakes will be made, thankfully God is gracious, patience, kind and a loving Father and wants what is best for us. How do I know this to be true? I needn’t look far, the scars of my own body is a vivid reminder. Praise God for His mercy! Most, if not all, would have given up on me by now but not my gracious heavenly Father.
    
I can fully comprehend what the will of God implies as the general overarching principal for us, his creation; THE WILL OF GOD, PERIOD! And He will have it play out in accordance with His will, Period! These are the facts and I believe it to be true with every iota of my being. The world, Satan and many others who look to thwart God’s will and His plan will end up tasting HIS WRATH, PERIOD! This is the way it will finish; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:15) – If your name has been penned into the book of Life, not for a single iota do I believe that the Spirit of God would allow you to turn a blind eye to the “will of God”. There will always be a constant nagging voice in the back of your mind even if you tried to shut Him out and live a life of “your own will”.   

By the grace of God that part of my understanding has been settled as it has been cemented into my consideration, its figuring out how I fit into that plan that’s the most difficult part of my day. There are some obvious truths that must govern our days. Seeking out God’s righteousness”, trusting the Word of God, relying on the finished work of the cross. But to truly know God’s will for my life when the pressure is on, is a heavy burden to bear. In my little world that is. To be privileged to share in Christ’s sufferings is enough.

When a man lacks sustenance and food is scarce, what should he do, does he steel just enough to survive. Does he beg, or does he endlessly beat the drum seeking out work that never seems to arrive? Does he sit and cry out unto Jesus until a bird arrives with food in its mouth? These are the pressing questions of the day. As ridiculous as this may seem to some, it’s only once we make the will of God a priority for our lives that these types of questions press home with a vengeance. So much of our energies have been wasted on the wrong passions, which in turn have meniscal reward in comparison to what will be ours if we are driven by the will of God. If only the penny would finally drop, how differently we would conduct ourselves.  

It really can only ever be about the will of God and the sooner we learn this lesson the better. Now it’s about working out His will for my life which I must and will search out with due diligence.

To my beloved brothers and sisters in Christ, if you have it on your heart please pray for me, I would truly enjoy a clear voice with the right doors to open in this area of my life. However, “not my will but thine be done”. The rest is just noise and static looking to interfere with my obedience to Christ.  

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: