The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Saved in Hope


Hope is a very powerful word used to describe the state of an individual’s volatility, it is never based on actuality but the potential of something coming into fruition, unless it hinges on true faith. The Christian is “Saved in Hope”. It is an unseen gift imparted to the believer through faith. Although invisible it is as real as these keyboard keys I punch. It isn’t a blind stab hoping for the best possible outcome. If it were we would be no different from the masses; where people take the little they have and bet on the lotto, hoping for an almost impossible payday and answer to all their financial woes. If only, is what drives their decision. The Christians hope is most certainly not cut from the same cloth and I thank God for that! We are saved in a hope that can never fail; God will never fail! It’s the Spirit of God working in us that drives our hope. It’s only when uncertainty creeps into our lives that hope begins to dwindle. Unbelief the enemy of faith which when seen for what it is, disobedience to the Word of God becomes evident in a person’s life. Tests will and must come, in fact this is what cements the Christians hope and causes it to shine. It’s these very examinations that separate the tares for the wheat and the goats from the sheep.  

An eternity with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the hope that will captivate the hearts of every true Christian, every born again believe who has been call into the light, those who have begun to grasp the difference between light and darkness and the different effect it has on ones well-being.

The beloved disciple has this to say; “Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.” (2 John 1:8) – There is a lot on the line, in fact it is so massive that eternity (time without end) depends on the outcome of our understanding and commitment to the call that God has place upon our lives. If you believe, been called by name, and now continue to walk in the light as an individual snatch out of the fire, what is our responsibility? Hopefully we are not like the man who buried his talent, or has the gift of God, the Lord Jesus Christ sparked us into action? Is our hope so obvious to all that it is undeniable? Regardless of what people may think or say. Are we in the process responding to God’s call to the best of our abilities? I know that I am lacking in areas where I could be far more diligent, not from a carnal perspective, this is where we are often trapped into giving ourselves a pass. The call is a simple one, less of self and more of God and however that needs to be cut into our lives is what we will be judge on. To what degree has our commitment and gratitude sparked us into action…

We must make it our goal to end well and so with that in mind let’s pray for one another. This is an obvious truth; actions in our lives speak louder that the words that come out of our mouths. But never forget that it is the WORD OF GOD that must drive our actions and not the opinions of individuals.  

Help us feed the hope which drives us to be about your will in our lives Father God. Lord Jesus keep our eyes locked on the cross where it all happened, the anguish you faced so that the Christian could be set free, thank you my selfless King for that brutal sacrifice that has set me free. I need my mind renewed, that part of my brain that says know to my selfish will and yes to God, whatever that may look like.

It’s HOPE in that which is to come that helps realign my reality, there is an era coming where I will see my God face to face and a time where I receive my glorified body. Where I will be able to fall done and praise my heaven Father and personally thank Him for his patience with me. The day when I can embrace my glorious Saviour, thanking him for what He has done for me. These truths will come to pass and probably the time I look forward to most, is the day when every knee shall bow and confess Jesus as Lord or will it be when God the Father looks me in the eye acknowledging me as his son? The truth of it is this, that no eye has seen nor ear heard that which God has in store for those who love him. It is because we are saved in hope that we are reminded about these trues, praise God now and forever more, Amen and Amen!      

Signing off

Tyrone





No comments: