The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 31 December 2017

A loving Father

Another year has passed and the years continue to count down as the last of days begins to near. I wonder if part of my brain has released a reflection mechanism which most certain was inactive as a child growing up or at least not as noticeable.

Age most certainly has begun to take its toll on me, not to say that I haven’t had my part to play with so many reckless decisions along life’s journey. Be that as it may, God is truly wonderful! I have certainly encountered my fair share of those who have questioned God’s love, as for me I will most certainly be forever thankful… “Jesus in my place” the sweetest statement to enthral my mind. Without Him I would be of all men most miserable. For many that statement is so beyond their reach that the mere thought of it would send their mind into cartwheels. However there are many that would proclaim AMEN to this beautiful expression; “Jesus in my place”! The love of God who can fathom it? Most things can be quantified, but never the love of God. Just when you believe you have a grip on it a fresh notion arrives and you once again realise how little you know. Nevertheless I know more than enough to confess that I will forever be beholden to God’s love. For those who have tasted of the sweet forgiveness of our heavenly Father in and through the Lord Jesus’ selfless sacrifice share my sentiments, of this I am persuade. Since his journey here on earth, millions of lives have been changed in one form or another and praise God that I am amongst that number. There is no other claim that I will broadcast with such vivacity bar this, that the love of God has rescued me. 

There is a day coming where those who arrive in heaven, whose number cannot be counted will praise our God and King for all eternity; “After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” (Revelation 7:9-10) - For all the saints out there, I beseech you to sing praises to our great loving heavenly Father. There is no other name under heaven or on earth where an individual will find salvation for their souls, save the name of Jesus, the only true Messiah. As for the Jews and their understanding of this the truth it will soon also arrive for them and they too will turn and repent and call upon the name of Jesus, the same Jesus that their forefather called on to be crucified; “Pilate said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all said, “Let him be crucified!” And he said, “Why? What evil has he done?” But they shouted all the more, “Let him be crucified!” (Matthew 27:22-23) 
The Love of God will honour his covenant with their great grandfather, the father of faith, Abraham. As a nation they will be once again grated into the vine of Christ’s salvation and understand the meaning of what I hold so dear, “Jesus in my place”!

What father has ever entertained such tolerance from so many wayward children? The power of His grace is adept in turning the most rebellious individual, that it leaves no margin of doubt, so that their transformation is nothing short of miraculous. Within our own characters we would never find righteousness, however once we make our way through the hustle and bustle of life and push throw the crowed and touch the Lord’s garment we are instantly changed and will never view life and the purpose of it all in the same tone. God gifts us with the miracle of salvation and He gives us the mind of Christ. We receive His righteousness and even when we stray from the call placed on our lives. No differently to the parable of the Prodigal son we somehow and somewhere come to our senses and find the strength to dust the dirt from our knees as we once again find the fortitude to cry out to Jesus and seek out his forgiveness.
     
What child by default through their differing personalities does not somewhere within this beautiful relationship end up pushing the boundaries? I would have to conclude that all of us err in one form or another and God lovingly disciplines us where and when it is needed, praise His name for this! He knows what is best for us! We must learn to let go and let God… we will all learn this lesson well or at least be changed by it.

To all those out there who just can’t find the strength to push through the crowd and reach out and touch the Lord Jesus, I am even now praying for you and as Nike would say, “just do it”! Only then will these types of posts truly begin to make sense.

To one day to hear the voice of God call me his friend, how sweet that will be. How much dying I still have to endure, however, be that as it may, I know it will be worth it all.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: