The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Destroy and deliver

Preface
                                        

Not for a minute did I ever dream that I would be penning the words of my story.  However, by the grace of God and by the unction of the Holy Spirit I will endeavour to do it justice. Like I stated in the past, this is not the first stab but my third, the last and final attempt I will to hopefully help some glean from repeated mistakes that always leave a person deprived in a particular area of their lives, until true repentance is achieved.

Having tasted of the Lord's mercy and His wonderful grace I find myself in a place where what the Lord has completed in my life is miraculous. Soon after the very run on this first edition was done and dusted I thought that my journey had run its course in specific areas of my life. I had hoped that the lessons I needed to learn had worked their way into my life to bring about perpetual change, I was sadly mistaken! Allocations of much more pruning was required. With a lot more destruction on the cards! All those who have come to know and experience the power of God through the gospel have their own story. This is mine over a thirty year period…

"My Story"... bears witness to the wonderful manifestation of grace which has been and is still being applied to me by the mercy of God my Father, through Jesus Christ, His Son, who is my Saviour and cementing His position as the love of my life. I would love to claim my position in this regard as completely settled, but the Lord is clear; “if we say we love Him then we will keep His commandments”. How His love still covers me is a marvellous thing and I will be forever thankful for his endurance in my life and continuously undergo to love Him with my whole heart. 

The reason for a further refurbish to this original copy is that I felt that only half “My Story” had been told and I wanted to highlight the stamina of my great God and His commitment to the work He does in even the most stuborn individuals whom He has chosen to lavish with His grace. Many make shake their heads in dismay as this account unfolds, with questions like, will he never learn? Even though your summations may be well founded the purpose for this final edition is to highlight the unmeasurable forgiveness of this God of such immense love. If I am capable in portraying that regardless of the blows I need to receive on my chin from those who would choose to write me off as a complete failure, if only it would bring liberation to one individual who would repent and call on the name of Jesus then I have achieved my objective. God alone is the one capable of turning disastrous situations into something of beauty. Eternity will reveal this in amazement!    

Because of His wonderful mercy and grace, God brought me to a place where my flesh (my will) needed to go through a process of destruction, and only by that process was I able to experience deliverance. It is not enough to will something into ones life, we must cross the raging river to get to the other side, and there is no shortcut!  It is a phenomenal reflection that I find myself facing, even now as I put pen to paper. God is in the business of eternity and not the now we so often get caught up with, nevertheless we must come to our senses whilst we still breathe, if not we will end up on the wrong side of heaven. He is not looking for sprinters but marathon runners. All our flesh needs destroying, that which is carnal will always be carnal and the sooner we learn to understand this is no more than a tool used to see the wood from the trees; For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.
Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.” (Romans 8:7-8)  - The subtle nuances often lead us to believe that we need only destroy the obvious. My flesh needed to be destroyed and continues to require it to make way for the will of God in my life but do not be fooled, it is the same for all and the sooner we learn this, the better. As this book unfolds you will realise that often the choices I made in my life, and certain incidences, had and are still having severe consequences. However, God has the whole world in the palm of His hand and nothing can happen or will happen without Him allowing it to happen. Even Satan operates by the permission of God. Therefore, without destruction in my life there could be no deliverance and it is the same for all whether they are aware of it or not. However it is important not to blur the line in the sand when it comes to consequence as opposed to forgiveness. God’s forgiveness is immediate, Christ offered a once and for all time sacrifice. It is done and dusted; God has accepted His sacrifice and all those who call upon the name of Jesus will be saved.  

To those who find themselves being a part of this account... "MY STORY", the message is this; things are not always the way they seem. There is a deeper underlying truth that we need to uncover which many will sadly miss. 

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And the base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and the things which are not, to bring to nought the things that are:"
(1 Corinthians 1:27- 28)

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: