The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 18 January 2016

Re-visiting the purpose of life...

As my mind races about this morning from thought to intent, I believe it would be good for me to bring them to an abrupt halt and concentrate on my own commitment towards the grace of God in my life and his abundant mercies. Even though I may have posted similar thoughts before I feel that such considerations should be re-visited from time to time. It is needful for us to all consider our blessing in Him and the escape that we have received from our heavenly Father.

When I consider what I actually deserve, hell would be a just reward for all the sin in my life and yet I have escaped that fate and all because of my Saviour’s Love towards me. In spite of my rebellion towards God, God the Father initiated the rescue for my soul. He sent His only begotten Son to pay the price for my sin…  

Therefore, I resolve in His abundant grace and by the finished work of my Savior’s wonderful accomplishments, I will now therefore go on the record and pen these words.

I articulate that from today, I will make every effort to trust the Word of God with greater intent than I did yesterday. In addition, implement your instructions to the best of my abilities within the bounds of your mercies. When faced with choices I will look to the Word of God for counsel with greater determination and believe in its instructions as a child trusts in their father’s ability to keep them safe. I will not let the nagging voice of apparent reason influence your instruction. I certainly do not want any relationship to stand in the way of that truth.

“Let God be true and every man a liar”… I know in whom I believe! There is none like you; you are all knowing; perfect in all of your character and you have instructed your children to walk by faith, which feeds our hope and in turn energizes us to find your will for our lives.   

Continue to teach me these valuable lessons; give me a deeper understanding of what the men of old went through in regard to their commitment to you. My prayer is that you would help and instill your truths in me like never before, so that I may glorify your name as you equip me to walk by faith. I am thankful that these lessons have already kicked into gear, here I am Father God take me where you need me to be. I will not be as bold as I once was in my youth and cry out “thrash me if I am out of line”. Moreover, how I needed that trashing, but I will understand that I will be forever indebted to you for it. I stand in awe when I think of the goodness of Jesus and I think of what He has done for me. Thank you for being patient with me Father God. I love you my King. How merciful you are to some who are in desperate need to find rescue from themselves. When I consider a man like Samson the Nazirite, one of the men of faith mentioned in Hebrews chapter 12. A man blessed of God from birth. The one you called out to free Israel in a desperate time. And how things panned out in his life; with all eventually giving up on him; “But God” after allowing him to travel down a very slippery slope as he flirted with your promises, he eventually came to his senses; But the hair of his head began to grow again after it had been shaved.” (Judges 16:22) – People often write off others as spent, but you Father God are the final authority on all things and you look into the hearts of your children and determine their outcome. My plea is that you renew a right spirit in me, as you teach me to wait patiently for your rescue in every area of my life. Open my senses to the Word of God like never before, as a hunter hones his knife ready for use when called upon. What else does a man have that will stand the test of time, the pleasures of this world are temporal and lures to take my eyes off what really counts, YOUR VOICE and YOUR WILL!  
 
When we study any given subject there will come a time when we are expected to write an exam. Am I ready for the test? On reflection, I have failed many tests dismally and yet a resolve that can only come from the Spirit of God has driven me to pursue your will for my life. Please continue to drive me towards your will and not my wants, and I know that you, my great God and Father, will give me the desires of my heart. Thank you for who you are Jehovah God, Amen!

I am persuaded that you are true and that it is impossible for you to lie, not that my validation would add any value to your awesome character but this truth helps me with my application of “putting on the mind of Christ”. Gracious Heavenly Father you are perfect in every facet of your being, and how do I know this to be true? You Word so declares it, the Lord Jesus said; Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” (Matthew 5:48)

God can and will never be enticed by sin. It is out of the reach of His brilliance. Satan thought he was immune to sin but proved that he was taken by it, in fact he is the author of it, at least when it involved mankind. Was he not the one to entice Eve with mankind’s very first sin? Ay! Therefore it is imperative for my mind to be captivated by these truths; “if God is for me who can be against me”, but in the same breath if you are for me, I too must be as equally committed and take up my cross and follow you with new vigour. This I will only ever achieve if you enable me to apply my wishes. Restore the resolve I once had when I was newly saved so that I may take up my cross and follow my beloved Saviour even to death if need be for your name’s sake. However, not with zeal without knowledge, I could never repay the debt of your kindness, thank you Father God for your undying love and commitment toward me; I just want to go on the record and thank you. THANK YOU MY LOVING GOD AND KING!  

Sure, I am fully aware of the weakness I still have as the old man looks to rob me of this, but the truth has been declared in and through your Word that I am a new creature in Christ, old things have passed away and all things have become new; “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2Corinthians 5:17) – It is this truth that I long to embrace, restore what the canker worm has eaten from my life and thank you Father that as I make this request I am persuaded that you will oblige, bless your name now and forever more, there is no One like you and because of this I can cry Abba Father, Amen and Amen!

Let me leave you with the song I now sing…

“When I think of the goodness of Jesus, when I think of what He has done for me my very soul cries out hallelujah, praise God for saving me.”  

Signing off


Tyrone       

No comments: