The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 22 January 2016

Another very valuable lesson

This morning I have had varying densities of thoughts moving through my mind. It amazes me how often my mind travels to the material concerns I face each and every day and then I am reminded that “if God is for me who can be against me”. However I am sadly a man that needs to combat “unbelief” in this area of my life. But I certainly understand that this is the area that needs strengthening. My prayer is that God would be glorified in and through my tussle. The comfort of a steady income is something I hanker for, but it has eluded me for some time. And then I am reminded that God cares for those who belong to him and all those who have His Spirit. God’s elect will never beg bread. This then is the lesson that must become cemented into my mind. In hindsight and through the throes of life I have been taught this lesson over and over again. Without having to depend upon the Lord for my daily bread is a place I would never want to find myself. There will come a day when the nagging voice of unbelief will have run its course, but until that day arrives we must all learn to walk by faith.

Consistency is the key to our success. Over the past two years I have had a number of pullets (chickens) and even they like uniformity. Give them variation and they will very quickly prove that they are not to be messed with. After a constant supply of laying pellets I decided to try and save some money and feed them rice, and mealie meal (cooked maize) and within a few days they no longer were laying any eggs. From thirty eggs a day to zero was the lesson. I have subsequently put them back onto the original diet and they are yet to lay any eggs. But I am hopeful that they will soon begin to produce what they once did. If not all they may be good for is the pot.

The Word of God sustains all of creation. The rain falls at God’s command and then the grass grows. It is God who gives the increase and not our cunning schemes. We like to believe that we are in control, but who can add a single inch to their stature? It is obvious that we will find ourselves in one of two camps, Independence or Dependence upon God at His Word. I have by the grace of God seen enough in my life to understand that it is God who decides the fate of all things, including the outcome to our lives. You needn’t look further than the children of Israel and their journey through the Wilderness to understand the importance of our faith towards God. Even though we play our part in receiving His blessings we must learn to rely on Him at all costs. One may ask how am I able to reconcile the two variables, dependency upon Him and playing our part. It is rather simple, when God speaks, obey! We must bare our hearts to Him, it is imperative that we cry to our God and Father, the only true God that cares for His children. Where it often becomes clouded is for us to learn to tell the difference between our needs and our wants. Our wants are often our enemy as they hinder our growth in Him.

There is another truth that needs understanding for obedience to work itself out, which is;I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.” (Galatians 2:20-21) – This is where the rubber hits the road hardest for all who desire to live Godly in the finished work of Calvary. The Apostle Paul was once Saul, a man obsessed with the first covenant, a law according to works but now saved into a better covenant, the second agreement which now abolished the first; Jesus having paid the price for sin once and for all. This is a truth that Paul was not taught by some institution but he received it directly from God. – “For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.” (Galatians 1:11-12) – However all that which he had become through his lifetime was now shattered and he now knew that he needed to realign his thinking and put the “Old man” down. I wonder how many times after the call, from the time of his conversion, did he have to remind himself that he had now been crucified with Christ and had been called to die with Christ? A man that God used mightily way back then and yet he still speaks as he penned most of the New Testament. And just as he had to learn to live by faith and not by his application to the law, so too must we learn to follow suit.

It is imperative for us to understand this call and to die to our old natures. If not we will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again just like the children of Israel as they journeyed through the Wilderness for forty years instead of a couple of months and sadly with most of them not entering the Promised Land. We have been called to die with Christ! It is no longer about our want but about His will for our lives; “And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” (Galatians 5:24)

We must learn to take up our cross and follow Him. Every Child of God has the potential to accomplish this quest in and through the grace of God which is readily available for all who come to the “throne of grace” with confidence as we learn to draw from it in time of need. God give us the resolve to live at the feet of Jesus, Amen and Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone  


No comments: