The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 2 April 2015

Like Him...

I was asked the question just the other day, “why does God allow so much suffering and why doesn’t he stop the devils influence?” Who can know the mind of Christ? The Apostle Paul says “we now have the mind of Christ!” "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.” (1Corinthians 2:16) - Paul makes reference to His understanding but in like fashion we too (believes) have been saved by the same Spirit and therefore we also can claim spiritual understanding. Obviously the depth of perceptiveness varies from person to person depending upon the gifts God has given them and the time spent studying God’s Word. All will have a portion of spiritual understanding, if not they have not been saved!     

Salvation is a wonderful occurrence in a believer’s life, so many delightful things happen. Our eyes are opened and we cry “I can see”! We were once blind and groped about in the dark seeking out the meaning of life but now with this amazing understanding life begins to fit into its correct boxes. Sure we may not have all the answers but we are sure of this, there is life after death and we are now on a journey well-worth pursuing.

The realization of God’s amazing grace penetrates our lives and we sing with vigour. Hope is realized and we find a new drive for that which is still to come for the believer, we will spend eternity with our God! How wonderful the thought that one day I will be in the presence of almighty God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and I will be singing praises to Him for I shall see Him for who He is and in all His glory. I will gaze upon my Saviour and be able to handle Him without any fear of disintegration; I will have a body like His! Pain and aging will no longer play its part. Our vision will no longer be marred as we look into the spiritual realm trying to make head and tails of things not yet fully assumed. We shall be like Him, Wow! - Really? You better believe it for God has so declared it!

“Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.” (1John 3:2)

I am saddened when I look into the mirror of my life and see how easily I am distracted, forgive me Father God! I urge you to renew a right spirit in me and make me more diligent in seeking your will for my life. Help me lose my life so that one day I may eventually find it and be a sweet smelling savour in your nostrils. I also pray for all who believe that you raised Christ from the dead and confess Jesus as Lord!

Help us all understand the depth of what the Apostle John has to teach us; “And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.” (1John 3:3-8)  
      
 Signing off

Tyrone



No comments: