The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 2 March 2015

Forgiveness must come from the heart!

Forgiveness must come from the heart!

If your brother trespasses against you and you chose to forgive him with resentment it isn’t true forgiveness. Imagine if the Lord Jesus had bitterness to a lost world, blinded by their sin and then He chose to forgive with resentment. How would that resemble true love? It wouldn’t! There would always be a nagging indictment attached to it. The one forgiven would always be in debt, which in itself is conditional forgiveness. This epitomizes the human heart; it only ever forgives on condition. We cannot avoid this reaction as we are sinful creatures; it is part of our character. Test your own hearts and then decide if what I say carries any weight?

This is what true forgiveness looks like; "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)  - Once forgiven there would be no debt attached to that truth. God has such a gracious heart that when forgiveness is devoted to His mercy, His perfect love becomes our amazing reality! We are freed from any form of guilt and only true forgiveness can carry such power. Forgive someone of a debt but continue to remind them at every turn and what do you have? A recipe for disaster!  God’s forgiveness removes our sin from our guilty consciences, and He does it in this fashion; He removes our sin “as far as the east is from the west, remembering them no more.” He has the ability to forgive and forget, WOW!

Consider your life, examine it and find some event in your life that repulses you and consider that becoming public knowledge. How would you feel about having one of you weakest moments exposed for all to see. Those who once held you in high regard now losing all respect for you. If I am honest, which I shall be, I have moments in my life that repulse me and yet I know that God has forgiven me for all my sins. What an amazing relief! To be forgiven for something that I have done and not been charged for it and yet someone had to pay for my sin, this is a requirement for a perfect God. The Lord Jesus paid for my folly! That seems very unfair and yet it is the reality of all things considered. WOW!

What I find even more amazing is that God hasn’t only forgiven me for my transgression, but was willing to forgive me for such hideous actions. That blows my mind! Regardless of you sin God is willing to forgive you if you call out to Him, seeking His forgiveness. Why would he offer such a pardon? Like A.W.Tozer so accurately breaks it down for us in His book “The attributes of God”; God is perfect and because He is perfect, even His grace is perfect and therefore God has a measure of perfect grace that He has offered to all of mankind. Part of His character oozes mercy and grace. But in the same breath He is also perfect in justice and wrath. Reject His mercy at your own peril! For all who discard His mercy will be on the receiving end of His wrath!

I am pleased with my considerations this morning and I hope they will give you food for thought. The beauty of approaching such a magnificent God, who cannot lie, has declared that whosoever comes to the Lord will be received. So Come! Cry out unto Him for He cares for you, He, may be the only one who does. Nothing more will ever be needed in any individuals life because He is the finally authority on all things. Let that reality resonate deep within your heart.

Signing off

Tyrone.

No comments: