The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 12 January 2015

At the feet of Jesus!

We face so many different daily decisions and yet how often are we disappointed with our antiphon. It happened to me yesterday, I lent some of my tools out for the fitting of the new shop and in order to keep tabs on them, I didn’t want my tools to go missing, so I went to collect them. When I was asked to leave them at the shop for more work needed to be done, my impulse response was, “I am going to use them today”, and it was a lie! I had no intention of using them but I wanted to keep them safe for I was afraid that they may be stolen by the staff. I hadn’t planned my answer, I hadn’t intended to lie, it happened without any arrangement; proof that the “old man” if given an opportunity will always rear his head if cornered.

To some this may be classed as a small sin, a white lie, but in God’s eyes sin is iniquity and it is tainted with darkness, it represents the characteristics of the enemy who has already been defeated through the broken body and shed blood of God’s Son, the Lord Jesus Christ! We must learn to put on the mind of Christ in every area of our lives, seeking out God’s grace to achieve this bringing Him glory with our example in the hope of influencing others as they examine themselves in the light of our testimonies.

Having said that I am reminded of these verses; “Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"-- yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." (James 4:11-15) – However our lives must be filled with self-reflection, not filled with accusations; we must not be distracted by those around us that we feel should behaved differently. It takes our eyes off ourselves and distracts us from serving God the way we ort too. Be on guard for you adversary, the devil is always looking to distract the child of God!

I am so thankful for times like these, were God the Holy Spirit leads and guides me into God’s truth. Were He helps me trim the sail of truth and gets my thoughts steered in the right direction.

A few days back someone posted a question on Facebook and it read; “where is your happiest place on earth”? It made reference to a holiday destination, my reflex response was this; “at the feet of Jesus”! The more I think about this, the more I realise how accurate it is, there will never be a better place for us to travel. And the beauty of this statement is that as Christians we can always foldaway to that destination. He has afforded us this privilege! Praise His name!

If you are troubled, travel to the feet of Jesus, sit there for a while and listen to the flowing water of that calm stream, lend an ear to the leaves rustling in the gentle breeze and before long you will hear a small still voice whisper into to your ear and it will be well with your soul! The feet of Jesus is a place of peace and tranquillity, you need only resolve in faith to venture there and He will settle you;And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.” (Philippians 4:19-20)   

Signing off

Tyrone    

       









No comments: