The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Wednesday 31 December 2014

The end of another year!

“A broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.” (Psalms 51:17) 

Another year comes to an end so let me reflect on my highs and lows of 2014…

My consideration must revolve around my spiritual walk throughout the year and my relationship with my great King. Let me examine the areas of my struggles and I will endeavour to do it honestly. Has there been any progress in my daily sanctification? The days of allowing skewed perceptions about my commitment in every area of my life should be long gone, but are they? I understand that my heart is deceitfully wicked as it always looks to justify certain bad influences in my life. However I have the mind of Christ so with God’s help I pray that He will expose the rot that needs rectifying.

A good place to start would be Galatians chapter 5; “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”(Galatians 5:19-21): - As I read through the list I realize one thing, without the finished work of the cross in my life I would be in serious trouble. I have failed in many areas of my life throughout this year. I may not openly practice sorcery per say, but even if I bow down to anything acknowledging its priority higher that my great God at any given time, I am guilty as charged! I do not consciously make it a habit to go out of my way to practice many on the list but my “body of death” will look for any excuse to permit certain behavioural patterns and when stripped down can only ever be classed as sin. My mind instinctively looks to repel all on the list for I have the mind of Christ but only when I am focused and sold out for God’s will in my life, only then can I conclude that I am walking in the Spirit. A good test for me would be selflessness as opposed to selfishness. Am I placing other people’s needs before my own? Simple!

How successfully have I walked in obedience throughout the year and how diligently have I looked for the grace of God to walk in the Spirit? I suppose it is an impossible question to answer with absolute honesty. God Knows! What then am I thankful for? I am thankful for the grace of God, that which He has afforded me throughout the year, for sins forgiven when I have failed to find the His grace to overcome, for food and shelter for my family, even though I have been jobless for a long time now. For His faithfulness even when I was unfaithful. These are just some actualities that have been very precious to me.

How about all the continuous struggles, the areas where I find I am not as successful as I would like to be? They do disappoint, it does hinder my walk with the Lord and I hate how they nag away at my conscience and yet I am thankful for the harassment; it reminds me of Christ enduring sacrifice and how great He is. Having said that, the battle rages on, while I have breath, I have this hope and even in the struggling area of my life which consistently rob me of my joy, I know that I have the opportunity to conquer bringing glory to my God. Even with these disappointments they teach me to look for grace in times of need. It drives me to cry out to my God! I confess I am not always victorious, but one day I shall be like my glorious Saviour and so I press on in His strength. I must remember that prayer is of great assistance for the saint, it is part of my armour, so please help me be more astute in these weak areas of my life Father God, make me ever more like our great Saviour, your beloved Son. Help me continue to grow from strength to strength in the areas that bring glory to your name and help me die daily in the quarters that look to rob me from walking in obedience, I pray. Help all who call upon the name of Jesus as I know you shall, Amen!

This is my prayer for all your children’s ongoing sanctification; “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, O God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. (Psalms 51:10-17)

On this last day of the year 2014 and into 2015 may we all carried with us a banner that shouts “our hope and assurance is founded upon our Rock, your Son, even Jesus Christ our Lord and King” - "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"” (John 7:37-38)   
  
It is the rivers of living water that I resolve to search out, help all your children find this to be their desire for 2015, Amen and Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone






No comments: