The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 31 December 2012

Which well will we drink from?


(John 7:38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.”

If any man thirst let Him come unto the one who has the capacity to quench our thirst. All of us at some point in our lives have been thirsty; most should be able to relate on how, way back when, they longed for something to drink. I know what it means to desperately need water, the marines helped with that lesson. Another year has passed, which seemed but a fleeting moment and it is now time of reflection; seated in front of my computer, I feel somewhat disappointed with my achievements throughout this past year. Although I have had my own challenges with regards to daily provisions, I have not had the best spiritual year of my life, in fact far from it, why? I have not come to the source of living water often enough, to have my thirst satisfied and we all need water to survive, from which well do we drink, the “well of lusts” or “the well of everlasting life”? The tricky part is that both wells sit side by side and they are freely available to all wherever one may be throughout the world. As Christians we know which well we should drink from, but how often do we comply? Tonight is the biggest celebration the world over, people will drink in abundance from the “well of lusts”, not paying much mind to God and His well, the Lord Jesus Christ.

We are told from the Holy Scriptures that the Lord will come like a thief in the night to call those who belong to Him home. What better time to come, if wanting to catch many off guard, than to come on a night like tonight. Mind altering substances, both legal and illegal freely available for all who would dare venture there. I hate so much about my own weaknesses. How is it that I still struggle with so many things that I had once by the grace of God laid aside? The answer is in my own question, the grace of God! If we are not in the place we should be in our relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord, we then have neglected to find His grace in time of need. But without a craving for spiritual water, we will unfortunately always drink from the wrong well. Jesus Christ not only has the capability, to quench our thirst, but has sent out a decree; “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.” (John 7:37)

Tonight is an opportunity for us all; it is a time of reflection, to be rid of the negative influences in our lives; my guess for the most quoted statement of the day, worldwide, will be “My new year’s resolution is…” We all have a willingness to be better. What “well” will I drink from tonight? I wonder! Will I go with the flow or will I seek out God’s grace in time of need?

God has been very patient with so many of us, I wonder at times how He as the capability of being so merciful? We know the answer to that, but my mind boggles in considering His abundant love for us. “Patience had her perfect work in the Lord Jesus, and until the last day of the feast he pleaded with the Jews, even as on this last day of the year he pleads with us, and waits to be gracious to us. Admirable indeed is the longsuffering of the Saviour in bearing with some of us year after year, notwithstanding our provocations, rebellions, and resistance of his Holy Spirit. Wonder of wonders that we are still in the land of mercy!” (C.H.Spurgeon)

This is a fact;He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” If this is not true for you, then it is time for a change, let us all start to drink more frequently from the well of living water.

Signing off

Tyrone

    

No comments: