The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Thursday 2 February 2012

The need for discipline...


(Proverbs 29:1) "He who is often reproved, yet stiffens his neck, will suddenly be broken beyond healing."

If I am not now surrounded by God’s grace as this warning now rings loud and clear; from as far back as I can remember, reproof has played a substantial part in shaping my life. Let’s face it who likes correction? I am no different and yet I probably as a rule need more disciple than most. So to think that I will eventually arrive at a place in my life that discipline will be a thing of the past is a figment of my imagination. By God's grace alone my arrival in Heaven will complete the process, but until then I will need to accept the facts; I am who I am by the grace of God! That does not excuse my sin, but one thing I know for sure that discipline has and will still play its part in my life. It is how I respond to it that is important and I do not stand alone, as discipline is what is used to mould the child of God.  

A little slumber is a little sleep and then the alarm goes off, what to do - what to do, get up or continue to hit the snooze button, which will it be I sit and ponder. There is only one obvious answer for the child of God, get up!

Here then is wisdom; “There is severe discipline for him who forsakes the way; whoever hates reproof will die.” (Proverbs 15:10):- “This shows that those who cannot bear to be corrected must expect to be destroyed. 1. It is common for those who have known the way of righteousness, but have forsaken it, to reckon it a great affront to be reproved and admonished. They are very uneasy at reproof; they cannot, they will not, bear it; nay, because they hate to be reformed, they hate to be reproved, and hate those who deal faithfully and kindly with them. Of all sinners, reproofs are worst resented by apostates. 2. It is certain that those who will not be reproved will be ruined: He that hates reproof, and hardens his heart against it, is joined to his idols; let him alone. He shall die, and perish for ever, in his sins, since he would not be parted from his sins. 2Ch_25:15, I know that God has determined to destroy thee, because thou couldst not bear to be reproved;” (Matthew Henry)

A message from a friend and brother; “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.” (Romans 13:14)

Satan is a fierce fiend and in ourselves we are obviously no match for him, but Christ has conquered him once and for all. However, I am not fully persuaded who I hate more, Satan or my flesh? How this body of death always looks for gratification contrary to the will of God. It most certainly has its own will and that is not to do the Lord’s bidding. May God have mercy on my soul, please give me ears to hear and eyes to see, as I have wondered from the paths of righteousness and now desperately look to find my way back. I remembered how safe I felt on that Celestial road, not so long ago had I travelled along that glorious road “Peace”, but now I feel somewhat trouble and confused but I acknowledge my fault having wondered from the path.

Father please forgive me for my folly and for taking my eyes off our leader the Lord Jesus, when I did that I found that I was no longer in the place of safety but now was treading new-old ground, a place I had learnt to hate or so I thought!

It was the Lord Jesus who lost His blood for our sins I will not forget that my great God, we must remember His finished work, it is all about what He has accomplished, so thank you Lord for what you did for me on Calvary, please forgive me for what I didn’t do for you and forgive me for my sin.

Signing off

Tyrone




No comments: