The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 13 June 2011

The Voice of our God!


(Revelation 3:19) “Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.”

Yesterday morning left me feeling rather heavy as I realized more than ever that wherever an opportunity presents itself we love to speak and hold positions of authority, even if what we have to say is utter garbage, vain babblings seems to be the order of the day and I fear for the church. The presentation of the Gospel replaced with what is thought to have more power, man-centered psychology. Who do we think we are? Do we know better than our God on how we should appeal to people so that they may find salvation in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus?

How He tolerates mankind is almost beyond me, but then I remember my life and how I have failed Him and then my anger is quickly silenced. But my heart remains broken; the church is in trouble! What can we do to, what can I do?

It is a very simple solution; preach Christ and Him crucified; use the bible to present the message and not pop-psychology. It is the Word that will keep us on track, anything else will simply not do. And yes we do have God the Holy Spirit that leads us into all truth, but as I have said before and say again, He is God and will never go against the Word which is a reflection of Christ. Think of it like this; the Lord Jesus and all the works of His life stands in front of a mirror, the Bible is that mirror and that is where we find a true reflection. So when God the Holy Spirit sees His nail-scarred hands, those marred hands is what He will then show us; He will not use makeup to shroud it; that is what we do when we add or subtract from God’s Word. PLEASE FORGIVE US FATHER! Where do we get off as puny fallen men and woman believing we know better than God on how we should present the gospel? Paul through the Bible reminds us; “so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.” (2Corinthians 2:11) – We must not be ignorant or overlook the ploy of our enemy and yesterday there was a clear indication of his influence in a church, why?

Why would God allow this to happen in His house? He is sovereign and nothing ever happens without His permission, never ever! Instinctively I am taken to the book of Revelation and the warnings to the churches; God must test the hearts of His people and His judgments must start with His people. How do I know that? Well it is God through His Word that teachers me! “For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?(1Peter 4:17) 

“He tells them that the time had come when judgment must begin at the house of God. The usual method of Providence has been this: When God brings great calamities and sore judgments upon whole nations, he generally begins with his own people, Isa_10:12; Jer_25:29; Eze_9:6. “Such a time of universal calamity is now at hand, which was foretold by our Saviour, Mat_24:9, Mat_24:10. This renders all the foregoing exhortations to patience necessary for you. And you have two considerations to support you.” [1.] “That these judgments will but begin with you that are God's house and family, and will soon be over: your trials and corrections will not last long.” [2.] “Your troubles will be but light and short, in comparison of what shall befall the wicked world, your own countrymen the Jews, and the infidels and idolatrous people among whom you live: What shall the end be of those who obey not the gospel of God?” Learn, First, The best of God's servants, his own household, have so much amiss in them as renders it fit and necessary that God should sometimes correct and punish them with his judgments: Judgment begins at the house of God. Secondly, Those who are the family of God have their worst things in this life. Their worst condition is tolerable, and will soon be over. Thirdly, Such persons or societies of men as disobey the gospel of God are not of his church and household, though possibly they may make the loudest pretensions. The apostle distinguishes the disobedient from the house of God. Fourthly, The sufferings of good people in this life are demonstrations of the unspeakable torments that are coming upon the disobedient and unbelieving: What shall the end be of those that obey not the gospel? Who can express or say how dreadful their end will be?” (Matthew Henry)

IT HAS BEGUN! We need to sit up and take note, it is time for all who believe to forget their goals of worldly aspirations, we need now like never before to lay down our lives for the kingdom of God. Troubled times are on the horizon as judgment now has begun amongst professing Christian churches. And yes this has not just started today, it has been in existence for some time, but it is now even closer than it was before.

As individuals we now need to examine our hearts; it would be good for us to heed the voice of our Saviour in and through the book of Revelation and the letters to the churches. And then we need to examine ourselves against the churches we attend; what they are preaching and how they compare with these letters. It is imperative that we get it right as our lives do depend upon it. It is only those who endure unto the end that will be saved! “It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?” (Hebrews 12:7) 

This is a serious rebuke and we need to address it as such! May God help us for we are in trouble if we do not heed these warnings!

"To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: 'The words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands. "'I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.'” (Revelation 2:1-7) 

"And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'" (Revelation 3:14-22)

It must all begin with our personal relationship with our Saviour and we must in conjunction use the Word of God to “trim our sails”. I earnestly pray heavenly Father God that you would gives us ears to hear, Amen!

Signing off

Tyrone    





No comments: