The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 18 April 2021

Considering the Variables

The fantasy world allows us to escape into a realm that gives an individual the upper hand. It levels the playing field and allows our minds to right the wrongs we witness. We lap it up because there is a small part of us that would love to be like them. From an early age in our lives we want to be praised and especially by our fathers. When we become a Christian the shift is server in so many areas of our lives but the need to impress our Father never changes, except now we have a new Father and He is the Father of lights, the creator of the universe. An impossible task if left to our own devises, but blessed be the name of our beloved Saviour Jesus Christ, the ONE who made this task attainable. In him we have the ability to bring glory to God. However, there are some variables we need to consider…

 

·        We have an enemy that will do everything in his power to keep us from our objective. He uses our old habits to nullify the work of the cross in our lives. If you were once a compulsive liar, he will get you to fall back into that behavioural pattern. Or if money was your thing, he lures you with it and may even trick you into exploiting the gospel for the sake of your carnal desires. The list is endless, but be wise in your deliberations. See things for what they are, look into the mirror and ask God to show you who you really are and then something can be done about it. The Lord Jesus gives warnings in the book of revelations when addressing the churches and the pattern throughout has the same emphasis; “he who conquers” will be rewarded and “he who has and ear let him here what the Spirit is saying to the churches.”

·        Here is a fact that will come to pass; “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’  And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’”  (Matthew 7:21-23)  Do we habitual ask ourselves on a daily basis is my priority the will of my Father and am I sincerely striving to find the grace I need to overcome the hypocrisy of my life?

·        “many are called but few are chosen”  (Matthew 22:14) – What does this mean? Think of it like this, a group of individuals respond to the idea of becoming a paratrooper, they like those wings that decorate a shirt and the prestige it brings. Many enlist for the course but before long the intense training takes its toll and many wash out. Only a handful receive the accolade. “Many are called but few are chosen”.  

·        Therefore, it’s about learning to put off our old natures as we learn to put on the mind of Christ, It’s imperative, if not, we  may find ourselves standing amongst the many. I don’t know about you but that thought has often jolted me into action, but by the grace of God here I stand. How often I’ve had to dust my knees off to seek out God’s forgiveness. “While we have breathe we have hope.” There can be nothing that carries such weight in our lives. Family, children and their needs must remain a distant second.

 

With that now as a backdrop let us hear Peter’s instruction; Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 

(1Peter 1:13-16)

 

There is a cost, we must die daily, and yes, some will have to die and are dying for their commitment to Christ but that is nothing new, many have been martyred for the sake of the Gospel and there will be more just over the horizon. Beloved it will be worth it all, we have a hope that stretches beyond our wildest dreams, you perceive that the imagination of the comic book cartoonist have learnt to wet our appetites, “you ain’t seen nothing yet.” The faithful will receive glorified bodies just like our Saviours glorified body; WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE! Whatever the cost, let us encourage one another to good works that glorify our heavenly Father. I have another confession to make, I eagerly long for the day when I hear the voice of my heavenly Father ushering me into his kingdom, how I long for that approval and yet in the same breath my gaze will shift to Christ accomplishments understanding the responsibility which grace has taught me to play my part in the equation. It’s obvious that we have been saved by grace, which is a gift of God, but we have our parts to play. We must learn to grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

 

To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

 

Signing off

 

Tyrone


No comments: