The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Friday 26 March 2021

The will of God

 

The obvious actions where we fail is clearly the link to our carnal passions, our insolence to God’s law, often referred to as sin, which proves where we stand. Whatever that looks like for you. It is tailor-made, the time when our wills get the better of us and instead of resisting, we yield to the temptation. We even twist sin to slot into the grace of God. what do I mean by this? we accommodate sin in our lives and play the grace card, the card that excuses our sin with the words boldly inscribed, "we are under grace not law". we have been deceived if we ever cling to that type of mindset. All it proves is that our will at that time is far more important than the will of our heavenly Father. It’s a tragedy! That why the scripture is so full of warnings: be careful, do not be unequally yoked, and do not forsake the assembling of yourselves to mention but a few. It’s because we are dull of hearing and we make it harder for ourselves and sadly we all fall in this area of our lives. But our mind-set must be looking to overcome, period! We have storerooms of grace open to us. The unbeliever does not! Both camps have what I would call God’s general grace; we are all privileged enough to breath oxygen that keeps us alive, but special or specific grace only ever belongs to the believer. Those who have believed in their hearts that Jesus has been raised from the dead and who confess Him as Lord of their lives, the Christian has the ability to push through the temptation as God has given them the wherewithal to find grace in time of need. It only when we revert to our carnal way of thinking that we fall back into our sinful ways, “to be carnally mind is death.” God wants us to find victory over our sin, which is His will for all of his children!

In order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.”  (Romans 8:4-8)


The voices out there are getting clearer, with an under arching cry of FOUL! Race/ homosexuality/equal rights/ freedom to choose and whatever else people deem right in their minds eye, no one has the right to challenge their choice. But now I say with clear intention, what about God’s choice? It’s time for some of us to stand up and be as passionate as the voices out there. Enough! I say. Christian let us remember to echo the sentiments of our beloved Saviour. “For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”  (Matthew 12:50)

 

Will we echo the words of Joshua “as for me and my household we will serve the Lord”, But I say, regardless of my households persuasion and by the abundance of God’s grace in my life, I will serve the Lord! My prayer is that I would truly learn to put God first in every area of my life, so beloved please pray for me.

 

If we had to summarize the Lords objective and why he came to the earth as a man to free some to serve the living God, what would your answer be? Some would say to conquer death and sin, others might say to free mankind from the traps of their sin... I will leave you to voice your own findings in your minds eye. And although all of these truths play their part in the Lord’s objective there is a far greater driving force that we need to uncover, which is, the Lord Jesus came to do the will of His Father, period! Whatever that was going to take is what drove our Saviours intent. The Garden of Gethsemane highlights this beautifully; “And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”” (Matthew 26:39) – his flesh, his natural instinct was looking for and out and yet regardless of the anguish he faced there and then, he was driven by something greater, the will to please His Father.

 

The question we need to ask ourselves is simply this, am I living for myself or for the will of my Heavenly Father? Please pray for me and let us be mindful to pray for one another.

 

Blessing to all in the finished work of the cross and glory to the One and only true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

 

Signing off

 

Tyrone


No comments: