The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Monday 22 May 2017

As sleep eludes

As sleep eludes I am once again excited with the quite time the Lord has afforded me. It is with anticipation that I pensively sit at my desk in the still of the night waiting to hear from the love of my life, even Jesus the one who died and set me free from so much folly. It has been a long and tiresome journey, with innumerable mistakes along the way and yet He was always had my back, Wow! We all have a tendency to find someone to share our lives with, I will look no further, I have arrived, and my mind is settled and found its rest. He is sweeter than honey; Jesus is the love of my life! I can with assurance say that I love Him and yet when I consider how I got here; the conclusion is obvious; I love HIM because he first loved me. He died for me knowing the beginning from the end; this is a thought that blows my mind into orbit. He accepted my cry of repentance some thirty years ago knowing that I would stray so far from His light, and yet there was no reservation to His embrace. Who acts like that? Who has that type of heart? Jesus Christ my LORD is the love of my life.

With that thought now settled and a tear trickling down my cheek, with my mind gently muddling over some others thoughts as they pass through my reasoning. Faith and the measure of my application to it, has now caught my attention. Can faith be measured? I think it can be, and not with hocus-pocus blind faith by turning to a tree and crying out, “die tree” as we test our gifting of faith. It’s far simpler than that, what value do we place upon the Word of God in our lives is the question that needs answering. Are we constant worriers even when we have been given clear instruction with an assurance attached to it? - "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:25-34)   

Does the worry of daily concern overshadow the voice of God?

Finally what equips us to walk by faith, as it is a gift from God? When will God add to the measure of our faith, it only ever happens when I (we) pay special attention to His voice, the written Word of God! We must not miss the finer detail and the thrust behind the instruction. We can’t take some of the message which twinsets our carnalities and ignore the rest hoping to be truly blessed. This is what I am learning; faith goes hand in hand with righteousness; God’s righteousness! His will and not our wants must be what drive our resolves.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments: