The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Sunday 29 November 2015

All Hail King Jesus

All Hail King Jesus, blessing and Honour belongs to my God, the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. How many can with any assurance claim this truth for their lives? I most certainly can and will declare it to be true. Blessing and Honour belongs to the only true and living God who has no equal, He is merciful, kind and long suffering with those who are dull of hearing. How many times have you had to repeat yourself to me concerning a particular topic my gracious heavenly Father and how slow I have been to act correctly in accordance with your righteousness and not my rebellious selfish attitude of self gratification looking to find sinful selfish satisfaction? Where would I be if it weren’t for you endurance and kindness as my Father, This is a morning where I will declare to you that I refuse to take lightly what you have tolerated with me a difficult son. And yet I will be forever grateful for your loving discipline and you direction for my life, thank you for the trail of life, and for the correction that has lead me into suffering to teach me obedience and to walk by faith trusting You at your Word.

These are truths that I can claim as tried and tested! Where I have failed you, you have never changed and been a God of your Word, unable to be swayed by sin, a perfect God and Father who has extended a loving arm toward me in and through my beloved Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ, even whilst knowing all things prior to them unfolding. Knowing all about my stubbornness and yet still welcoming me with open arms and giving me sight to see the truth behind Christ’s sacrifice on my behalf. Love personified!

O the depths of God’s love, who can measure it? If it could be quantified, could all the storehouses of the world be able to constrain it? Never! But wisdom has built her house upon the Word of God and faith is given to the believer when He trusts God at His Word. Help me to grasp this reality with a deeper intent I pray. I love you my God and I love your Word, which could never be separated from your character, you are your Word! We on the other hand often make great claims about what we will or won’t do, only to disappoint. No wonder the Lord Jesus taught us to never swear by an oath or get others to do the same; "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.' But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil. (Matthew 5:33-36) – And yet how often I have erred in this area of my life BUT GOD who is rich in mercy has ever been merciful to me in spite of my rebellion. Thankfully we are all works in progress; sadly even Samson had to lose his hair and his eyes before the greatest feat of His life unfolded. Arrogance mingled with pride often robs us of the simple pleasure found in Christ and His Spirit. The fact is that we as Christians have the mind of Christ so we are now without excuse! There must come a time in a believer’s life when we hand over our selfish wills that always lead us down the path of destruction to our heavenly Father and to resign all to Him. A tall ask if viewed through the eyes of our flesh, but quite reasonable when we put on the mind of Christ. Here is the instruction; “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” (Romans 12:1) – It is a reasonable request! However we all need to be put through the fire to learn this valuable lesson. Thank you Father God, I love your undying love and perseverance with all your children and not only the apparent model examples seen in scripture. How I am learning to hate that which opposes your will for our lives.

There is so much work to be finalised but I am persuaded that you will see me through all the rot that looks to deceive and rebel in my daily sanctification. “Jesus in my place” how sweet those words are to my soul, THANK YOU!

Teach me to trust and obey in every area of my life my God, Hero and the lover of my life! May you continue to purge me with the trials of life to teach me the way of the Master, Amen and Amen! To God be the glory now and forever more…

Signing off

Tyrone
    


No comments: