The link to my book - Destroy and Deliver (Autobiography)

Saturday 16 July 2011

And God Said!

(Genesis 1:31) “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.”


The church and the way we should operate is what I am currently looking for answers too. My daily thoughts continuously develop around this topic. This morning it has dawned upon me that we are unique; we are rebellious by nature; I understand it is sin that has caused this type of behavior. Sin the root and father of so many evils!

Have you ever had a moment where something hits you between the eyes, a thought that should have always been there and was but only as a vague consideration? Then you have a break-through and what should have been obvious now becomes extremely apparent. Well this morning had such daybreak, and I feel rather… no! In fact I am not sure how I feel, all I can say is thank you Father for the Lord Jesus’ sacrifice; without His obedience I would be in very serious trouble, praise His name! Obedience is vital!

It’s ironical that I am the one now seeing this facet of Christianity so clearly, as my life has been so full of disobedience; historically I has been dull of hearing and full of rebellion to God’s instruction. Hence my comment about my great Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ, without Him, His gentle forbearance and possibly above all else, His loving patience never outran its course in my life. For this I will be forever thankful. This is why the Apostle Paul makes statements like these; “For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” (1Corinthians 2:2) – It must always be about Him and not our stupid man-centred ideas. How I am starting to hate, yes hate man’s interference with God’s design.

What then have I seen?

To see what I now see so clearly can only be the influence of God the Holy Spirit as He mercifully teachers me through revelation, as He wills, it is all of God! It is no great new revelation as there is nothing new under the sun. It is obvious to the eye when looked for, but I know that it is very seldom obeyed. How do I know that it is seldom obey, all you need do is look around and it will be obvious? Begin with our own hearts and then look at the hearts of others and it will be unmistakable. We all have a tendency to “do it our own way”; we always look for other possibilities to find the easy out! Which is a lie!

Let’s unpack some scripture; “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.” (Genesis 1:1-3)
And God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." (Genesis 1:6)
And God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. (Genesis 1:9)
God spoke and His voice was obeyed which left Him please, in fact well pleased! “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.” (Genesis 1:31)

Then man came along under the influence of Satan and sin was conceived, disobedience had now found life. Leaving God not pleased! Now men and women were awakened to freedom of choice. But if we ignore God’s voice we will never find His blessing, it is as simple as that. We must follow His model in and through the Bible to hear our God and Father say “I am well pleased.” Nothing else will do! The sooner we learn this lesson the better and it is no different to the model Paul has left us to follow as members in particular within a body of believers, the church.

Signing off

Tyrone


  


No comments: